1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

E265 NPK need lower housing

Discussion in 'Construction Equipment Attachments' started by heymccall, Jul 16, 2021.

1. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

My 25 year old NPK E265 (224A) 10K breaker finally split the lower bushing housing. The lower bush just fell out. NPK no longer offers it. Any lead or hints as to a dismantled that may have these (this) in a graveyard somewhere.

I just resealed it, and, internally, it has a LOT of life left in it. I saw the crack starting in the lower housing, but, didn't think it would fail on its first day after reseal :( Chose not to rebush due to crack.
    Just hoping maybe somewhere out there is a breaker graveyard. IMG950974.jpg 20210716_144214.jpg IMG_20210715_115521364.jpg

2. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    Have you reached out to NPK? They're pretty proud of their parts. They may have a used salvageable piece. It's worth a call.

mg2361 likes this.
  3. heymccall

heymccall Senior Member

Ive been on a first name basis with NPK personnel for 25 years. Definitely not available there. And Ken was calling around for me.
    They fitted a GH15 lower to my E220 when that one cracked.

funwithfuel likes this.
  4. AzIron

AzIron Senior Member

Take this with a grain of salt but we welded up a cracked tool holder on a 2000lbs npk about 15 years ago and it's gone through a rebuild since at this point you got nothing to loose

On there older hammers npk would give a procedure for welding up the inside of the body so it's not much different

I would guess someone's been prying a little with that hammer or holding it in a bind while hammering