• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

E265 NPK need lower housing

heymccall

My 25 year old NPK E265 (224A) 10K breaker finally split the lower bushing housing. The lower bush just fell out. NPK no longer offers it. Any lead or hints as to a dismantled that may have these (this) in a graveyard somewhere.

I just resealed it, and, internally, it has a LOT of life left in it. I saw the crack starting in the lower housing, but, didn't think it would fail on its first day after reseal :( Chose not to rebush due to crack.
Just hoping maybe somewhere out there is a breaker graveyard.IMG950974.jpg 20210716_144214.jpg IMG_20210715_115521364.jpg

heymccall

Ive been on a first name basis with NPK personnel for 25 years. Definitely not available there. And Ken was calling around for me.
They fitted a GH15 lower to my E220 when that one cracked.

AzIron

Take this with a grain of salt but we welded up a cracked tool holder on a 2000lbs npk about 15 years ago and it's gone through a rebuild since at this point you got nothing to loose

On there older hammers npk would give a procedure for welding up the inside of the body so it's not much different

I would guess someone's been prying a little with that hammer or holding it in a bind while hammering