1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

E mails for watched threads don't show up if you don't open every one

Discussion in 'Support' started by oarwhat, Apr 25, 2017.

1. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

Before the site changed watched thread emails would show up whenever someone posted. Now it I skip opening one email they stop. Anyway to change it back? On busy on going threads I do open the emails every time.

2. Shimmy1

Shimmy1 Senior Member

Interesting. I was wondering why this fall when I'd come on after a longer absence and there would be a bunch of new posts on threads I was in, without corresponding email notifications. I've now put 2 and 2 together (and got 4, LOL) and realized I had clicked on an email a couple days ago and now I'm getting new ones again. I'm sure that quite a few new posts by me the last few days haven't hurt either.

3. Junkyard

Junkyard Senior Member

Field Mechanic
    If you were dedicated forum members you'd be on here often enough you wouldn't need email notifications :)

I have the same issue myself. I have yet to determine the rhyme or reason....

Shimmy1 likes this.
  4. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    I’m on almost every day and still get emails.

5. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    If you haven't been in the thread since the last email notice it sent out it won't flood your inbox.... ie, it only notifies you once per thread if there has been a change since your last visit : then when you visit the thread by clicking on the title(not page number) it takes you to the newest posts you have not seen.

6. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

That's how it works now. I think it used to notify you like once per day. It's ok I'm used to it now I just check and look at my notifications.