• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dynalift D4P80 Boom cable fix

Ric Stewart

Just picked this up last week and main issues are the cable is broke and fork tilt not functioning.

Not able to locate much info like books or parts suppliers. Any help much appreciated.

Clock shows 2200 hours and am wondering if I should just pin the stinger and run it shorter.

Thanks, Ricdyna 1.jpg

Ric Stewart

Can anybody tell me if any other telehandlers use a single cable for the third boom?

Parts are obsolete so trying to locate a couple of these cable ends to make a new one.

cable end.jpg

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Can anybody tell me if any other telehandlers use a single cable for the third boom?

Parts are obsolete so trying to locate a couple of these cable ends to make a new one.

View attachment 181480
Ric a good wire rope supplier should be able to make the lenght you need .I am still working a service manual for you .I contacted the Gehl guys I know and is working on information for it .

Theweldor

Occupation
The Village Idiot
If you know anyone in your area with cranes. Ask them who they get their rigging from. As said by Tool_King any good rigging supplier can make those.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
My thoughts are the square ends come from crimping them on the cable.
Or...the square is to hold the thread rod so it won't turn when tightening the tensioning nut with a spanner. If so, some delicate work with a grinder should make some spanner flats in a pinch

Ric Stewart

Or...the square is to hold the thread rod so it won't turn when tightening the tensioning nut with a spanner. If so, some delicate work with a grinder should make some spanner flats in a pinch

Thanks to that nice guy that sent me some books I now know that those cables are to be torqued
to 150lbs so you do need to be able to hold it somehow.

Also says to re torque every 50 hours. Probably why they quite making them that way. ;)

Adamjolt8813

Hello tool_king, I have a customer that purchased one of these, wow its kinda old. He paid 14000. Now he wants it fixed. So far have resealed 6 rams, fixed a valve issue but luckily no boom issues yet. If you could email me your manuals as well it would be much appreciated. adam@nettleequipmentservices.com It is the d4p80 model with the john deere 4239tf engine.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hello tool_king, I have a customer that purchased one of these, wow its kinda old. He paid 14000. Now he wants it fixed. So far have resealed 6 rams, fixed a valve issue but luckily no boom issues yet. If you could email me your manuals as well it would be much appreciated. adam@nettleequipmentservices.com It is the d4p80 model with the john deere 4239tf engine.
Let me dig it up . I will send it to you .