• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DX90 Brake problems

newdesertfox

Im wondering if anyone has any experience or knows where to point in the right direction for fixing brakes. My DX90 tractor had awesome brakes, I could be in high gear flying down a road pop out of gear and skid to a halt within 20 feet. While I was driving it down the road one of the calipers froze up and started smoking, so once i got it to its location I had a family member who used to be an auto mechanic free up the brake, and while it did free up both brakes lost about 95% of the breaking power, and then after one or two times of touching the brakes the left brake partially locked up again. I've been running the tractor with no brakes and partially frozen brake for over a year now and its driving me nuts using the transmission to slow down or break. I've tried having equipment repair guys work on it but some won't touch Deuzt, others just never show up and so on. I now have a bit of experience working on machinery having put a LOT of hours working on a 580k so Im wondering if fixing the braking system may be something I could get done with some advice