• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump truck box won't come down

MattR

We parked our quad axle dump for the winter last november. The guys left the box up maybe a few feet off the frame. They fired the truck up to get ready for this year's work season and the box will go all the way up from the point it was left at, but when coming down it only goes to that point that it was sitting at all winter long. They tried driving around to jostle it a little bit. But to no avail. They've ran it up and down many times and it just refuses to go all the way down. Any ideas? Can't be anything major cuz it was always worked fine. I'm not sure if air would do that or not
Thanks

MattR

We do have a front end loader down there and considered doing just that, but then we thought before we possibly cause more damage we better look into other avenues first

MattR

It sat all winter without a block or safety prop? sounds like there is a block left somewhere
That's exactly what I asked the guys. I wasn't down there. But they said they removed all the blocks and there is absolutely no block still hiding out. But you're right, that was my first thought also

skyking1

I ran a real POS single axle that would get stuck. I grabbed a load chain and if it did, I hooked the chain to the front of the box and drove over it with a drive tire.
Sorted that right out. Once it started it was OK, it just stuck at the top sometimes.
When you are in somebody else's pit you have to work it out yourself if they don't want any liability.