• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dump trailer

oifla

hello all,

i am looking for a dump trailer to pull behind my F450. i do drainage work and the primary use will be to haul my mini ex (6000 lbs) and a compact tractor. i will likely be moving into a skid steer soon but nothing too heavy. occasionally, i also have to haul gravel.

i'd like to stay within the higher end of the 2 axle limit and am primarily looking for something in a low profile configuration. i'm not set on telescoping vs. dual piston vs. scissor lift.

i'm not set on any one brand and since this is going to be the core platform for my business, i'm open to driving out of state to pick something up if the trailer is worth it.

would appreciate hearing on your experiences. thanks!

1466IH

I don't have much experience with little dump trailers but I do know that 1 correctly sized telescoping cylinder at the front will do a lot better than a twin cyl/ scissor hoist in the middle of the bed. The trailers I have been around struggle to lift a load of rock if it is not piled against the tailgate

oifla

I don't have much experience with little dump trailers but I do know that 1 correctly sized telescoping cylinder at the front will do a lot better than a twin cyl/ scissor hoist in the middle of the bed. The trailers I have been around struggle to lift a load of rock if it is not piled against the tailgate

yes, i've noticed that too but, for my uses/purposes, there's a cost/balance and trade-offs to each set up. speed and power vs. budget.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Search for my post on Midsota dump trailers. I was thinking of doing an update on the post. The trailer is holding up very well. I have even hauled smaller antique Caterpillars in it a number of times with no floor dents.