• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dumb question

brock38

Occupation
Retired
Here is the somewhat weird story of how I located the book. My dealer from Australia had mentioned the existance of this book to me. I searched the internet high and low with absolutely no results. When I tried contacting someone in Peoria (CAT) I might as well had been calling the man in the moon. Then I was in Australia for a couple weeks doing sales training. He continued to talk about this book. So when I got home I googled it one more time and guess what? It showed up in the search results. A book store in Australia had it! I guess having my computer plugged in Australia changed my search results???? Anyway, I bought it. On the back the following appears to have been printed....not stamped but actually printed:
William Adams Tractors Pty. Limited. Tractor Division - Oakleigh, Victoria Australia. Its a rare book and to know CAT actually published and went as far to print the dealer name on the back cover made it that much more unique. Not to mention the travels this book has seen.

Tell you guys what....Sometime in the next week or so I will take the time to shoot every page with my nikon camera. Its much better than my scanner. I will assemble in a .pdf and email to anyone that wants the book. Im happy you guys found some interest in it. It even has a section on turning the moldboard around and grading backwards!!! Many of the mysteries talked about here on HEF are about to be solved.

Hello Bryan.
I also would like to get a Copy of this Book if you Copy, Please advise

Regards Winston..... Melbourne, Australia.

brock38

Occupation
Retired
Hello Simon.
I have worked on Aveling Austin 99H Graders, and I am still intrested in them, I would like to know about your Machine ?

Winston............. Melbourne,

CatGrader

Occupation
Grader Operator
There is one more thing. As you get older and a little bit smarter all the ******** goe's down the drain and you soon start to see whats realy going on. and you get quicker and smarter. yep those wheel leans are real handy ;P GET ON WITH IT.:drinkup

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Heres an online publication that helped me alot on the little AC D at work. I havent got much time an a big grader but the little D has bladed many miles of road and straightened up many off days with the dozer. http://www.tpub.com/eqopbas/106.htm Its a little akward using the site nav at the top but it has other machines other than a grader to.

yakka68

Hello Winston,
All I can say about our machine is that it has been abused and neglected over the years on our farm. My dad is the only one who drives it though I am keen to get it going (dirty fuel problem I suspect).
It has been an amazing machine especially the way it lugs along at low revs. Dad never uses batteries in it and yet rarely needs help as it is so rare to stall.
He did roll it at a bushfire in steep hills. The government insurance wrote it off (bushfire attendance) due to it being innaccessable as well as upside down.
The local dozer contractor then built a road to it and tipped it upright. We cut the cab off fixed a hydraulic hose, set the decompression lever (under tappet cover, we had been going to pull heads off) and started it (with batteries). It took me a week to get all the sump oil off me from the bent exhaust.
The 99H is all original apart from radiator and everything works but looks rough with no cab or bonnet. I would be half interested in restoring this one or another.

Simon WA Wheatbelt

JonSr

I have this old book called Basic Blading. It was actually produced by Caterpillar. Year is unknown to me but by the model grader depicted in the pages I say its pretty darn old. Book is full of "basic" blading techniques. I have considered re-producing it for modern day reading. Interested to hear what everyone has to say.

Motor Grader, can you please email me the book, please.
Email address: jonmar129@gmail.com
I'm new to running a blade, it would be very helpful.
Many Thanks …