1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

dual plane laser grading

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by KSSS, Feb 4, 2007.

1. kyoshidog

kyoshidog Well-Known Member

I am a career fire fighter in the Portland area (s
    Hi Dave, I wish I would have seen your post earlier, I live in the POrtland area and have been thinking about buying a laser grading box. Have things picked up for you at all? This has been another really slow winter for me, just a little work here and there, but I was thinking that being able to provide fine grading like that which is possible with the laser system might be a good little niche, maybe I'm wrong!
    Would you buy the same system again or would you go with one of the other brands? I have a Tak TL140 so have plenty of power, would you go with an 8' box over 7 or stick with the smaller box? Sorry, lots of questions!
    Thanks
    Karl

2. diggerdave13

diggerdave13 Member

Dual Dozer

I absolutely would buy the same system again. I'm not sure how much you would gain by going from 7' to 8' on large pads, so I went with 7' for the ease of doing smaller areas when needed. Things have not picked up, but it's that time of year. The spring will probably be a good indication of how it's going to go this year. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Dave

3. doug dirt

doug dirt Member

Hey Ralphy, I'm the one that bought it from diggerdave. Used it for a project and it worked good. Willing to sell for $10,500.00, freight not included. Let me know, thanks.

4. doug dirt

doug dirt Member

I bought diggerdaves and it worked great. Offering it to ralphy for $10,500.00. If you're interested, let me know, I'm in Washington State.

5. kyoshidog

kyoshidog Well-Known Member

I am a career fire fighter in the Portland area (s
    Hey, "Ralpyh" here, yes, I am very interested in it! WHy don't you send me a pm and we can talk. What part of Washington are you in?

6. finegrade1

finegrade1 New Member

Level Best 3 point hitch

Looking to trade up, from a level best 6' 3 point hitch to a skid steer mount 7 or 8' box dual mast. Anybody have a lead on a pl84? Anybody have a need for a 3point hitch unit?
    609-577-2597
    thanks

7. ralphy77

ralphy77 New Member

hey Doug Dirt, is your dual dozer still for sale??

8. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    I am considering letting mine go. Works great, just dont get enough use out of it. You can click on my website and go to precision grading icon to see it on video.

9. ralphy77

ralphy77 New Member

How old is it? Whats the price??

10. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    Its an 08. The box is built by Southern Precision. The valves are DanFoss. The control box is Apache. Price depends on what you would want it to include. I have a Topcon dual slope laser and two Apache Plus 5 recievers. I would like to keep one of the those.

11. Power Plus Ex.

Power Plus Ex. New Member

I have a level best single mast skidloader mount, had it for seven yrs.. I would say its the best on the market, the the loader falls in a hole the box has linkage to off set that .. other boxs that do not offer this is a huge flaw.. this box has graded 20 plus synthetic football .. it would be nice to have a dual mast just to keep the box level when turning.. as far as dual slope lasers go they shoot your slope the receiver reads it..so any box will work with sloping lasers..one more thing if you want the most bang for your buck use a ctl .. would like get a tractor and pull box one day to help finish

12. doug dirt

doug dirt Member

Yes it is. email me @doughoffmann@hotmail.com

13. BMW

BMW New Member

Dozer

I am interested in your dozer call me or email 605 825 4285 ext329 bmwipf@oaklanecolony.com

14. BMW

BMW New Member

15. hmearth

hmearth Well-Known Member

I use a hydra-power ga 2100 grader on my Deere it has a receiver on each end of the
    Blade all analog sykstem with a 5mm accuracy on auto
    10mm on manaul as long as you use a powerful laser its a gem.
    That grader you are looking at looks basic have a look at levelbest there ok

16. BMW

BMW New Member

I am interested in buying your dozer please respond with info
    Barry Wipf
    bmwipf@oaklanecolony.com
    605 825 4285 ext 329
    Thank You

17. Jfarris

Jfarris Well-Known Member

Are any of these boxes still for sale by chance???

18. BMW

BMW New Member

they are hard to find I have been looking for month. good luck

19. Jfarris

Jfarris Well-Known Member

I guess so. I really don't want to buy a new one but man, I don't think I'll ever find a used one. I wonder how many are sold a year....must not be very many.

20. CConcreteEx

CConcreteEx Member

Ive been looking too. I recently found a Level best box, he thinks. Theres no markings on it but its the color but the problem is he has none of the boxes or receivers to go with it. Just a box...
    Looking for a used box grader or even a skid steer grader/doser if anyone hears of one. I have a good laser.