• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dressta TD9H extra?

First time posting! I'm curious to hear any input on Dressta dozers. I've read and searched around but not much information. I'm currently looking to buy a 2005 TD9H extra(what's extra about it) and wondering how it compares the G model cats. Any and all input is welcome!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
2005 will be a Pre Liugong Chinese production unit so may be some better, the older you get the more IH they were were the last Dresser units became Dressta and were primarily produced in Poland. There is no comparison to a Cat with a Dressta machine.

GODSDOZER

Occupation
Dirt Contractor
I have owned several small dozers over the years...........D5G, 650J, 450G , new holland as well.............. I have owned a 2008 dressta TD-8M (cummins engine) for about 7 years............................It has been bullet proof. Parts are WAY more expensive if you need them.

FWD

I have a 1998 Dresser TD-9H. It's a good dozer. One thing I like about them is the clearance. If you are working around high things (i.e. stumps etc) they have more clearance than similar dozers. I also had a TD-8E, really good. I am not sure on the extra, but I think it's more horsepower.
FWD