• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dressta Dozers

Abscraperguy

I saw a 2008 Dressta TD15M the other day. What are the newer Dressta dozers like? What are their strong points or weak points? How do they handle? Power? Weight?

Timdozers

Occupation
Machinery operator
I haven't seen one in the flesh either, but I have looked at them on the web, I think there make in the eastern block some were now, or is it India?:rolleyes:

Super Roel

I haven't seen one in the flesh either, but I have looked at them on the web, I think there make in the eastern block some were now, or is it India?:rolleyes:

Dressta is an Machine factory in Poland , and the make Dozers and Motorgraders , and i think it is a dauhter of Dresser USA .

QuickTrax

I have a Customer with a TD25M and needed a top roller. He told me it was only available in Poland. The price to get it.....$1300.00 and 2 weeks out. I have been told they are good machines but when parts aren't available they are useless.

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
Td15m

Hi Timdozers
They are made in poland, and there is some TD15H dozers in NZ. and a TD25M in the SI.
Transdiesel; the Terex agents, are the NZ distributor, said to be very keenly priced, alot cheaper than cat or komatsu. Be interesting to see if there are many takers here.
Merv :drinkup

SterlingR

Formerly DRESSTA1
Dressta/ Dresser basically the same company. When Komatsu and Dresser merged they kept the Dresser name, after the split they could no longer use the Dresser name and had to change. They are made in Poland and have been since the 70's(certain models) and then all models in the late 80's.
I would be glad to answer any questions anyone has about the product.

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
I know a few folks that are running some of their 15s and they really like them. I have run a TD9 I thnk and and a 15 both were very good machines easy to handle.

surfer-joe

There should be after market parts available in the states for the Dressta's. I don't believe that they changed very much on the U/C from what was produced before by Dresser or even International. Check Komatsu dealers too.

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
td-7h 1996 with 3900 hrs. Would this unit be worth considering for say 15000?

Last edited:

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
Ive got a dresser td 15c that a customer of mine has. It looks pretty old and has bushes growing up around it. He said that it will steer right but will not steer to the left. I couldnt see for myself because it had no batteries. He said when you pull the lever to go left it stops but the right track doesnt turn....does anyone know where i should start to fix this problem? Sorry for butting in but i cant seem to start my own thread. :beatsme

rditz

Plan B,

sounds like the right track is not driving, or driving a bit and not enough to propell the machine without the left track.

check linkages on the steering clutch and the foot brake..

rod

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
Thanks Rod,
Once i check the linkages and adjustment is made what would be the next step if that doesnt work? I hope that it is an adjustment but if not I need to know whatever else would be the problem. I havent done much dozer work so i need as much help as i can get. I mostly have worked on Grove cranes,jcb and case backhoes,hyster and komatsu fork trucks, etc. and i have no manual for this Dresser so now you know where i stand. Plus im an hour and 45min away from the site and have almost no cell phone service there...lol. Ill probably be going back out there thurs. or friday. So im trying to get as much info as possible...Thanks.

If anyone else has extensive dozer knowledge please feel free to donate also. and ill keep yall posted on what happens as i go.

rditz

no problem Plan B.. I have limited experience myself, only what I have had to do on my own Cat 955-12A. when I bought it, my dad was virtually harping to tell me to get manuals, that they are absolutely necessary when owning a machine, he was right. (your customer should invest in them).

good luck, hopefully it is something that can be adjusted.

rod

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
Another question...the owner said he was told to use only 30wt. oil in the dozer because anything other than that would cause damage to the torque converter.....is that true or can you use regular 68hyd.?:beatsme

rditz

I don't know what oil you need to use.. I was told to use the same oil as I use in the engine for the wet clutch... I was also told by a Cat mechanic to use the engine oil in the hydraulics... so that is what I've been doing.

rod

Iron@Dirt

Plan B, I bought a D39P(Td9H equivilant). Right final drive is out, right doesnt pull or brake. Before I bought it I could see the sprocket carrier was leaning forword, knew bearing probably gone. Check for shavings at fill and drain, you can see a little of the bull gear. If rear housings are simular, there are brake adjustments at top, outside of final drive. If you have a round plate in the middle of back housing, pull it and you can see clutch adjustments with locking plates. I didnt see clutch adjustment procedure in book, unless you pull top cover and get to brakes and clutch. You might be able to run it with back cover off and see brakes or clutch move.

Plan B

Occupation
field technician
Thanks ill keep that in mind when i go back out to the site. Ill probably be heading out that way either thurs. or friday. So im saving all these suggestions on my mobile phone. So if anyone else has anything to add let me know...i appreciate the help.