• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dresser track tensioner

Edbrant

I have an early 80,s TD15C. The tubes which house the ram on the idler wheels have expanded over the years and now the grease pushes past the seals (new) and the tracks become very slack. Any remedies which might get me another 100 - 200 hrs?

steve.k

Occupation
owner operator oilfield construction company.
Tension Barrels

I have an early 80,s TD15C. The tubes which house the ram on the idler wheels have expanded over the years and now the grease pushes past the seals (new) and the tracks become very slack. Any remedies which might get me another 100 - 200 hrs?

Usually on these machines and bigger ones the barrel gets a groove wore in it from the piston and seal basically sitting in one spot.We have in the past sleeved barrel or you can remove one link from rail which puts the groove ahead of piston and seal.Depending on how wore your rails are this works.Depending where groove is,usually just past halfway,you can make up spacer to push idler further ahead thus keeping piston behind groove also.We have done this a few times to get us by till we had time to fix correctly(ie new barrel).If you need a good used Barrel try Browns International in BC Canada,they have Tons of parts for these.1 250 546-6518 ask for Chris or Dave.:)The 15c is a Hearty Tractor for sure!

Last edited: