• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dream machine

roadbuilder6

So what is everbodys dream machine? Mine is a cat325dl road builder with a progressive hydraulic thumb, quick coupler, control pattern changer and thumb control on the joy stick

dblott

Occupation
Old school trained(here's how you start it, here's
I have the hydralics to run that attachment. Might have to change the coupler though...

the plate compactors...

joispoi

That young blond in the background who walked by.:D
wearing a white jacket at 2:12? :D

I have the hydralics to run that attachment. Might have to change the coupler though...

the plate compactors...

That coupler is slicker than snot on a door knob. The hydraulic quick connects are integrated. No more exposed hydraulic lines to snag and no more getting out of the cab to connect hoses. The downside is that there doesn't seem to be an excuse to get out of the cab and stretch your legs.

dblott

Occupation
wearing a white jacket at 2:12? :D

That coupler is slicker than snot on a door knob. The hydraulic quick connects are integrated. No more exposed hydraulic lines to snag and no more getting out of the cab to connect hoses. The downside is that there doesn't seem to be an excuse to get out of the cab and stretch your legs.

It is slick alright. I'd run it off my hammer circut, but I'm thinking we'd have to weld my quick coupler side plates to the little hoe's counter weight.... :D
It was an interesting video, but can anyone tell me how to get them to completly load then play? I got it in 6 second increments.

JDOFMEMI

dblott

Sounds like you have a slow connection. When it starts to load, hit pause and do something else for a little bit until the status bar is mostly accross the bottom, then hit play.

I usually have several windows open, so I read a different page while I wait for a video to load.

Spoiled at home now with Fios. It lods as fast as it plays, most times, but that is a new development for me.

dblott

Occupation
Thanks. I'll have to give the tips a try. Power has been off since about 3am Tues. so I have alot of catching up to do.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
I don't have just one. I love doing all kinds of things with equipment 2 things for sure it needs a closed cab and a radio.

dblott

Occupation
Consider upgrading that dream? May I recommend an air-ride seat and a cd player in that radio? Need those tunes in those deep dark canyons that radio signals just don't bounce into.:)

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Whats a CD? Do they even make those still? Heck if its a dream Ipod jack and XM.

Ross

Toss up between a 992K & D11T

Reason: They dont break down that often. They do have problems but don't often BREAK!

caterpillarmech

Occupation
Field Service Supervisor
HallofFame1.jpgWhile were asking, I'd take a new twin screw pete with a 14' bed and a 14,000 lb crane. Air ride, good radio, and do they make an automatic that big? Oh and chromed to the gills with dual stacks!

Last edited: