1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Doosan air compressor

Discussion in 'Other Construction/Demolition Equipment' started by Eric Sanderson, Apr 6, 2021 at 5:20 PM.

1. Eric Sanderson

Eric Sanderson New Member

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. Have a Doosan P185WDO compressor that nobody can seem to fix. Keeps throwing CPR code 54 for an air pressure regulator issue. Both right after start up and even before the engine runs. Most of the time, never gets past the initial start up from wait to start. Been to 2 different dealer mechanics, the last sat on it for 3 months. Not a sensor issue. Last mechanic said it was a harness issue and claimed to have fixed it. Just went to use it on a job after picking it up yesterday..Nothing. right back to the same issue. I'm my company's fleet tech with 25 yrs experience between military and civilian jobs and I've got nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

2. MarshallPowerGen

MarshallPowerGen Well-Known Member

Diesel & Generator Mechanic
    You have the operators manual with a wiring diagram in it? Is it shutting down the machine, or just throwing the code and operating fine?

Is the sensor a 3 wire? If so, should be 5vdc, signal and ground. Meter it not running and at startup and see what your reference and signal voltage show, then need to find the pinout at the controller and make sure it's seeing the same thing. Pretty sure there's a way to cycle through the controller to show what it thinks it's seeing, IIRC.

Also check CANbus resistors. I've worked on some Sullair compressors throwing random codes that were just a tiny corroded resistor in the harness.

mg2361 likes this.
  3. Midnightmoon

Midnightmoon Senior Member

What parts have been replaced so far in an effort to fix it

4. Eric Sanderson

The only thing that has been replaced has been the pressure transducer. 5 times. Even Doosan Portable Power says its the sensor. They claim to have had a bad batch of sensors and have since switched manufacturers and solved the problem. But I can't find any service companies that even know of this issue. They just replace the sensor and it fixes the issue. I can't find any problems with pin-outs or harness, and my last doosan dealer said they did find an issue with the harness and claimed to have fixed it. Unfortunately, none of the manuals that came with the unit have any wiring diagrams to work from. Flying blind with this one

5. Eric Sanderson

Found a diagram. Resistors all check good. No corrosion, no off meter readings. 5vdc where indicated. No values that I can find for what the sensor return should be though