• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Does the idle on my 580K sound rough?

caver

Since I've owned this hoe the idle seems rough to me. The link is a quick and dirty video so you can hear it idle and then add throttle. Is it rough or is that somewhat normal?

caver

It seems like it has gotten worse so I looked a little closer. I suspect that is what's left of the right front engine mount/idolator. It looks shiny in spots like grease but it is all rubber. 20231020_164552[1].jpg20231020_164451[1].jpg

caver

580k will have two mounts at the front. ;)
The drawing shows one front and back yet the quantities on the Case site show 2 front and back. I was curious about that. I knew there would be two in the back to just deal with the torque of the engine.

caver

I took a look at this today. It looks like it might be easier to remove fan and shroud but getting to those fan bolts looks to be a bear with the radiator in place. I also wondered about taking the hood off but didn't see much benefit in that. Maybe get the coolant overflow bottle out of the way.