• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Does john deere service advisor software read hitatchi 220-3 machine??

Rhaze

Hi guys, I have a question that I'm not getting much help with. Does john deere service advisor software work on reading the older 220-3 hitatchi units? I do have service advisor software and I know I would require the w9 cable to go from laptop to excavator but it's fairly expensive. Just curious if anyone has done this before. I have read that dr ex and windr will read john deere but have not seen anything on it going the other way. Thanks

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Rhaze;)! It should. If SA is loaded with Hitachi information it will. If not you may have to use a comparable model Deere (D series) and try connecting. Since I do not have Hitachi on my SA I am going to try it today on a EX-5 machine when I get to work since I have one in the shop for repairs. I'll let you know if SA connects. I will say having used Service Advisor and MPDr on Deere/Hitachi excavators the MPDr is far superior in functionality and speed. Service Advisor can be a little slow with the readings. Either tool is limited when it comes to the Isuzu engine. That requires the E-IDSS tool. A W9 cable is about $260 US.

Rhaze

Thanks for doing that. I'm new to the heavy equipment machines. I do have hitatchi on my service advisor but the 220-3 dosent offer any connection for diagnostic data (it's just pdf service manuals) what is an equivalent deere machine to the 220-3? I know you said d series but what model number? Where would you recommend getting the mpdr program and the required hardware to use the program that will work? Thanks

excavator

Thanks for doing that. I'm new to the heavy equipment machines. I do have hitatchi on my service advisor but the 220-3 dosent offer any connection for diagnostic data (it's just pdf service manuals) what is an equivalent deere machine to the 220-3? I know you said d series but what model number? Where would you recommend getting the mpdr program and the required hardware to use the program that will work? Thanks
EX220-3 would be the same as a late serial number 790E. The only diagnostic connection is the 4 wire plug hanging behind the right hand control panel in the cab.

Rhaze

Ok I did manage to find that one as well in service advisor. What about the mpdr program and cables, where could I get that from?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Sorry to butt in but>> this sounds awful familiar to the "Perkapiller" problems..
When Cat started using Perkins engines.. Perkins would say that a Cat problem & Cat would say that's a Perkins problem & u had to buy diff. cables to hook up to the same machine & have 2 diff. softwares to tell u anything ON THE SAME engine.!! U wanna talk about a cluster "funk"..
Short story> I was working on a "Perkins" once & needed a part.. I walked into MY parts counter & said, I needed "X" for this machine outside.. I gave'm the serial # & got the usual, SORRY cant help ya.. that's a Cat part.. & we were a Perkins Dealer.!!
U wanna talk about going ballistic.. I was at MY parts counter & got THAT, "SORRY" crap.. Lol.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
It did not work on the EX-5 machine, but the MPDr hooked right up. If it is an equivalent of a 790E then you would need MPDr which I would say try a google search to see if you could get the program (I've seen some on ebay). A zaxis -3 machine would require SA1002 adapter to work (according to a Deere bulletin). Unfortunately I am not that up on the exact Hitachi models to know which is a Zaxis vs EX dash machines.