1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Does anyone have the filter number for a gm 2.4l engine

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by barklee, Mar 26, 2016.

1. barklee

barklee Senior Member

This engine is in a snorkel tb60 2006 model. They also put these engines in hyster and Yale forklifts. Any help is appreciated.

2. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

Gee, that's cool, one filter for fuel, oil, air, etc. Must save on maintenance costs.....

I'm sorry Barklee, but I have to maintain my smartass reputation. This is a handy website, it'll even tell you what all those filters in the corner of the shop fit.

http://www.filtertopia.com/

3. kshansen

kshansen Senior Member

Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
    Sounds like a good design! I'm thinking they start by filtering the air then go to the fuel and finally run the oil through them. Or do I have that backwards? When the thick oil won't pass go to the thinner viscosity of the fuel and finish off with the air as the air will go through even when the other liquids won't any more!

Barklee, we're just busting on you to get the point across that people tend to think everyone knows just what you are trying to find out. Same thing when some one asks a question about a machine, saying it's a Cat 966, well they have been making 966 Cats for over 45 years. Might as well say I have a problem with a Ford pick-up with out even giving the model or year. Point is the more information you put in the original question the better chance of getting a good answer

4. barklee

barklee Senior Member

Sorry the lift is 5 hours from the shop and the filter literally fell off the machine.... It was sitting right in front of the sheriff depts door so i was in a rush to get a (OIL)@@@!!!!! filter.
    I was on the internet for 3 hours trying to find the correct number, called snorkel, called a couple gm industrial dealers and nothing..... Not to mention most of the parts houses like napa, advanced, carquest are useless without a filter number.

5. OFF

OFF Senior Member

HD Mechanic
    the ones I see use a Wix 51040

6. barklee

barklee Senior Member

Thanks! I appreciate it.
    I had them jerry rig it to get it out of the door way, so we will get a filter monday.

7. OFF

OFF Senior Member

HD Mechanic
    NAPA Gold #1040