• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do You Have Any Experience with a Volvo EC35 Mini Excavator?

ltrmc02

I've run across a fair deal, I think, on a 2001 Volvo EC35 w/ cab, no A/C. I had been really leaning towards a Kubota KX121 but price persuades decision at times you know. From the searching I've done this EC35 sounds like a good reliable machine and the one I'm looking at seems to be in decent condition. My question for anyone who has operated one or worked on them is are they as durable as any of the most popular machines out there? Anyone have any pros or cons from personal experience you could share? Are parts and service affordable compared to other brands? I know that last question depends on location. I do have a Volvo dealership near by but just in general wondering if parts for Volvo are average or higher in price compared to CAT, John Deere, Kubota, Yanmar, Komatsu, etc.

This will be my first excavator and just looking one for personal farm use right now that wont break the bank.

Bcantell

Occupation
Res Contractor
I know this post is probably too late.

I have an EC 25. That machine is a bear, it does more that I ask of it at all times.

The only part I had to replace so far is a fuel pump.

Volvo wanted something like $300 for it. I got one from Napa for about 60 and made it work.

All machinery parts and service is expensive and Volvo is probably the worst.

But, that little excavator is awesome.

volvobl

I've run across a fair deal, I think, on a 2001 Volvo EC35 w/ cab, no A/C. I had been really leaning towards a Kubota KX121 but price persuades decision at times you know. From the searching I've done this EC35 sounds like a good reliable machine and the one I'm looking at seems to be in decent condition. My question for anyone who has operated one or worked on them is are they as durable as any of the most popular machines out there? Anyone have any pros or cons from personal experience you could share? Are parts and service affordable compared to other brands? I know that last question depends on location. I do have a Volvo dealership near by but just in general wondering if parts for Volvo are average or higher in price compared to CAT, John Deere, Kubota, Yanmar, Komatsu, etc.

This will be my first excavator and just looking one for personal farm use right now that wont break the bank.

Im probably too late to comment on this too but ive a few pics on the forum of my ec35 im in the uk and as running a business and done some mistakes in my time the biggest mistake of my life was when i sold my volvo ec35 i can honestly say she was the best 3.5 ton mini excavator ive ever seen im gutted to this day with regret because it was the best allrounder i could ever have had and an excellent overall machine top of the class that all being said im looking for another one anyone whos got a volvo ec35 for sale in the uk i wouldnt mind buying it and will pay the right price for a tidy one

thanks guys