• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Do no buy from the rake shop

sinnful

Do not buy from www.therakeshop.com. Total joke. The rake is indeed built very very heavy duty. But so far I have over 1500 in parts and fabrication to make it fit my machine and have to replace 1 cylinder on the grapple and the it hasnt even been used yet. They offered to make it right if I paid half the shipping to send it to them and wait another 2 weeks. Refusing to do anything else so the lawyer is taking over from here. Just wanted to warn everyone that this place is a total joke.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
What's the back story sinnful?

sinnful

I ordered a grapple rake for my 310d. They guranteed it to fit. It was delivered 2 weeks after it was promised. Then the pin holes were 7/16ths of an inch to big in diameter. The pin mounts were also 2 inches to wide. Nothing lined up or fit properly. I contacted them and the best they would do was pay for only half of the shipping and try and correct it within 2 weeks. As conversations progressed they expressed that it was something wrong with my machine as they built it to correct specs even though they clearly had not. This was the concensus of 3 heavy duty john deere dealers that expressed to me they had no idea where the company had gotten the dimensions they used. Then a brand new cylinder developed an internal leak without even being used. The response to this was there is nothing we can do. We built our product correctly and its your machine. So everything is being turned over to our lawyer. I did not pay 5500 initially for something that was GURANTEED to fit my machine that I have over 1500 in parts and labor in now and it is still not correct and has yet to be used.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
That sucks.:( Good luck in getting is sorted out.

captporkchop

i agree do not buy from these clowns.when first hooked up all hose fittings leaked.after tightening i had to reverse hoses to make it work right.then very first time i went to dig with it. my tires were punctured from sharp pieces of steel shaped in a point welded to the bottom of the teeth.after replacing both front tires and burning said tire pokers off,the right hand cylinder blew the packing or o ring right out the end.the rake itself seems very well built but the rest of it is junk!

captporkchop

after a brief conversation with the rake shop. he has agreed to replace my cylinder.please disregard my above rant as the site will not allow me to delete it.