• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DIY toolcarrier

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
Depends on what is popular in your area. Our Volvo loaders come with a quick attach that I assume is factory. Everything from an L45, to an L120 can interchange buckets, forks, brooms, and a shoulder widener. The boys in the shop built one for a FiatAllis. They put a diverter valve on the third valve line on the boom. Never have any wear issues that can't be solved with a little hard weld.

Mother Deuce

I am on and off a Volvo L120 also with a factory QC... very efficient. We change fronts probably half a dozen times during a shift. The machine was built with it however and I suspect it would be fairly spendy to start from scratch and pipe and valve it.

cuttin edge

Occupation
Finish grader operator
I am on and off a Volvo L120 also with a factory QC... very efficient. We change fronts probably half a dozen times during a shift. The machine was built with it however and I suspect it would be fairly spendy to start from scratch and pipe and valve it.
The guys on the water and sewer crews are always shifting from bucket to forks, and the guy feeding the asphalt plant has a cutting edge bucket for clean material, a topsoil bucket, and a tooth bucket for the odd load of shale. I plow with an L70. One of the L90s uses a power angle blade. I use a box that was designed to fit an L90 bucket, so I swap my bucket for the spare 90 bucket. So I guess what I'm saying is with all this constant swapping, this setup shows little slack.

Graham1

One thing you may try is looking for people who break heavy loaders and see what a second hand hitch would cost. I’m sure if you fit a hitch you will use it and possibly buy extra attachments due to the ease of swoping.
I haven’t used a hitch on a big loader (I have a micro loader which has a hitch and plenty of attachments), but what I’ve seen on big telehandlers, tractors and backhoe loaders is a semi quick hitch. Hooks on the bucket which the hitch connects under, then manual levers to lock it in place. Involves getting out of the cab, but a fraction of the price of fully automatic, easier to fit and virtually fool proof.
Graham

RjMaan

I would like to suggest you that you should also attach the Corrugated Plastic Box with your tractor. These boxes are very strong, neat and clean and have enough spaces to store great quantity of things. You can also store your tools in them as well.