• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ditch Witch SK350 Track Problem

blacklabs165

I just got a ditch witch sk350 and the guy i got it from had told me that it had a bad track motor. Since getting it I have removed both the tracks to check the rollers and make sure there was nothing wrong. I replaced the bearings in two rollers. The problem seems to be in both tracks. When operating the unit in reverse the tracks seem to operate normally, it is when I go forward on the controls that the tracks dog down. When I go forward it sounds like the hydraulic motors are winding up. The unit doesnt turn and move like it should, I cant hardly turn the machine at all because of this. When I had the tracks off I operated both controls and the sprockets moved forward and backwards fine (I figured they would with no load on them). I trying to figure out the next step of action to get this machine operational. Any suggestions on what to try next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:bash