1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Discussion of leases and MARCs

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by catken, Feb 26, 2014.

1. CAT793

CAT793 Well-Known Member

Some Machine Types will not be sold to a customer without the provisions of an MPA.

Lots of comments above are completely missing the benefits of a well run MARC. Consider the $$$ of 30x 240T all arriving for PCR at the same time and trying to do a Budget, Labour, Components, GET, Bodies, Tyres, Warranty, Updates and round the clock labour support.

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    Oi....... have you been sitting in one of my recent budget meetings ....??

17 x 200T trucks all coming up for PCR this year. Planning (& budget) nightmare for which our Planning Dept well & truly dropped the ball.

3. alco

alco Senior Member

Yep, that's what planning does all right! We don't seem to have any planning departments. Ours are more like lack of planning departments.

4. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    The thing I notice in this thread about MARCs is that the people apparently using them in private industry are not in the United States. I'll modify my opinion of a MARC program a little bit and say that unless your company is huge and you have a profit margin that will support that program and you have a dealer that will actually support it to the letter of the contract, a MARC program is best left on paper. A short term project with big iron and personnel constraints might justify hiring an outside entity to do your maintenance. But actually you can do the same thing by buying block labor directly from your dealer and stocking your own service materials and parts. You also have to remember that you are on the hook for any safety training or special materials that your contractor may need to legally work on the site and you might also be on the hook for any problems or accidents even though a contractor caused it. In other words you still need your own representative to monitor and direct the program so you really haven't gained anything. I look at these types of things like the local bolt salesman that comes in to stock your bins. When he is getting ready for a vacation, your bins are overflowing and your bill reflects his imminent trip to a warm comfortable climate.