• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Discontinued Damper 963B 3116

heymccall

Got called out to put belts on our 963B, 9bl01296.
Found front crank seal leaking.
Upon inspection of the damper, the outer ring has become misaligned, and, to err on the side of caution, I thought that I could buy a replacement with the other parts I ordered. Nope.

Partstore says $245, but, "contact dealer".
Call dealer and they say there is one in Russia, and no alternates. Google shows a CTP that has two alternate p/n's. 7C-1631 and 20R-4700. Call back with the 20R and dealer says no problem.
Then, they call back and say that the 3 depots with that number, while still showing a combined 30+ available, have all scrapped that inventory.

Maybe I'm disillusioned, but why scrap, discontinue, a part for 3116/ 3126 motors that a) fails over time, and 2) probably has an indefinite shelf life.

Has anyone used a CTP or other brand without complaints?

Last edited: