• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dirty, dusty DEF tank problems

DEFBooty

I've been in the construction industry for over 25 years now. back in 2004 I went to Peoria IL to the CAT plant to see the D9 production line. That was when I got my first introduction to the TIER'd emissions system program that was coming out.

Now this year TIER 4 Final hit our side. I hear many people that are Scared-to-DEF. And from some of the stories I've heard for good reason!

Well that is why I invented and patented the DEFBooty.

The DEFBooty is a protective cover that:
• Protects the DEF cap and surrounding area from dust, dirt and debris of any kind
• Maintains a clean area under the DEFBooty to prevent additional contamination from falling in the DEF tank (manufacturers suggest wiping off the DEF cap and surrounding areas prior to each refill of the tank)
• Easily identifies the DEF tank from the other tanks on off road equipment (such as diesel and hydraulic tanks)
• Provides an economical and effective solution that installs in seconds
The DEFBooty can be installed over the filler cap for the SCR system’s diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) tank and is secured with an attached elastic band to form a cover and apron over the cap and adjacent area. Information on the DEFBooty can be found at www.defbooty.com.

I offer a simple solution to a problem that will only grow!