1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Directional Felling Grapple

Discussion in 'Forestry Equipment' started by Partimelogger, Feb 6, 2016.

1. getoan

getoan Member

Yes I deal with Ray,would be interesting to see the Pierce boom/heel

2. Plebeian

Plebeian Senior Member

Waratah have a deal with Trinder to market the Trinder felling head (as used on the ClimbMAX) as a Waratah FL95 . FL95 due to be shown at Vernon Interior logshow. A ClimbMAX is also headed to Wa.

South Star also have the QS605 processor grapple. https://youtu.be/9CAvyvvD8Mg

3. Drifter

Drifter Well-Known Member

Hopefully the boom you are getting made is shorter then the one in the movie. Stick a heel on the end of that stick and you will have a rocking chair.

4. prolog nz

prolog nz Well-Known Member

I know of 2 909k deeres down here that run a heel/grapple combo but switch over to a directional felling head. I don't think balance will be to much of an issue there are plenty of 909m's running around down here with 624 and 625c waratahs without any balance problems so a heel with the right felling head shouldn't weigh any more? and I wouldn't think the extra reach would throw it out much

This is my 909mh with a duxson felling head
    20160107_153100.jpg

5. bmurray93

bmurray93 New Member

In Australia it is common to use fixed felling heads that can rotate 360 degrees to load trucks in hardwood operations. felling heads like the the VHLC pulpmate, Rosin CF750 or Unicon Heads seem to be suitable.

6. furpo

furpo Senior Member

I've used a few different falling heads to load trucks. I don't find the retractable saw box a useful feature. What hinders the use of the head is that they all have quite round jaws which makes it hard to pinch a log to shift it or crown a load. I find it best to load the grab a little back on the packet and tap it forward to avoid having to pinch single logs. Also using the tilt up to pencil logs is a handy feature.

I don't have much good to say about the Trinder head. Shame as there other products are quite good.

Loading with a processing head is hard work.

Roger

7. loggers son

loggers son Well-Known Member

shovel logger operator
    Not much good to say about the woodsman head either