• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dipstick Oil Sucker Recommendation

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I have a field job with a 4 cylinder engine and the drain plug is totally inaccessible.

Anybody have a recommendation for an oil sucker that can be hand carried to something like this?

Oil capacity on this little engine is only 3.5 qts but I would like to be able to do, at least, larger 4 cylinder turbo diesels and such if the need arises.

kenworth

Occupation
Jack of a Few Trades, Master of None
I purchased a Motive Products vacuum extractor about 5 years ago, it is very well built and it has worked great.
Motive Products
5770 Obata Way
Unit D
Gilroy, CA. 95020
Open 9-4 Pacific Time M-F 1-877-59-BRAKE (27253)
The one I have holds about a gal and half and you pump it by hand to give it vacuum which can sometimes be awkward when working on a machine.
If I were to do it over I would get some sort of powered unit which would make things go faster.

Rob Gunn

This is very common with marine applications. Most all boats have to have the oil pumped up via the dip-stick. I have a cheap 12V unit that I got off e-bay to do the job. I also know that there are some that are hand pump.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Well 25 years ago my wife was great at t........ what a minute:oops:
OMG, you didn't just trip that wire, did you? o_O

Some of the guys at the shop buy cheap SB chevy oil pumps tap the holes and put pipe fittings in for whatever size you want up to 1/2. Then, it's whatever hose you got into whatever drum you got. This also works good teeny tiny final drives like small pavers and milling machines, where everything else is just too big.