• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Digpilot 2D machine control on miniX

ITW

Video of my Digpilot 2D machine control in use on my Terex Miniexcavator have a look

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I think as employees become harder to find, keep, and labor pay rates continue to rise faster than the ability to charge accordingly, technology like this becomes more important. The idea of putting this on a mini would be unusual even 5 years ago, not any more.

ITW

It's not that much need for it on an mini either, I use it maybe 4 times a year, I thought I would use it more when I bought it for draining houses and grade the ditch while I'm excavating but it's more easy to grade with eyes that set everything up, even it's only takes 5 minutes :rolleyes:
So I use it for excavating jobs for houses, garages and long ditches that I need to excavate with an minimum slope.

NepeanGC

Occupation
#dirtherder
I think as employees become harder to find, keep, and labor pay rates continue to rise faster than the ability to charge accordingly, technology like this becomes more important. The idea of putting this on a mini would be unusual even 5 years ago, not any more.

Because of exactly that problem, I installed Idigbest and a tiltrotator on my 5 ton. Some local guys thought I was out of my mind...Doesn't replace a labourer entirely, but I sure as heck need a helper a lot less now. For electrical and sewer trenches it's now solidly a one person job.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I spent some hours this weekend Geeking out these systems. I ruled out out the Topcon, and have a quote coming from Leica and Trimble. The Trimble system I think is pretty outstanding. Tablet type display (Android based), hardwired sensors. I peed a little when he told me the price, about 22K. He is sending me an exact quote. I have used SITECH before and I really like the service, but damn that is a lot of money.

ITW

Ouch :eek: that was expensive, but that is a 3D system iI guess?

This system is about right under $10.000 new i bought it used for about $2000.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Unfortunately that is their 2D system. Earthworks 3D is around 100K. Leica is considerably less. The 3D is a better fit for what I need, but that is a lot of dirt to move to make it pay.