• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

digging insight

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
so it started raining and i get to go home early gonna rain all day supposedly, so i thought id share a little dig from today(b4 the storm) and i want other to maybe post how they deal with certain conditions.

what i have to deal with 99% of the time is limestone and about 2-5" of top soil. when i dig i reach out and remove the topsoil and then i bring the boom as close to the machine and break the rock by scratching it with the bucket back and fourth with a curl and uncurl technique with the machine working my way back to the beginning where i then scoop as much of the rock as i can can and continue on im going to make a video tomorrow hopefully it doesn't rain again so you guys can better see how i am doing this. i would like to see some other techniques or insight that you guys use that maybe i can try out and better myself as an operator

Attachments

• resizedKIMG0121.JPG
    resizedKIMG0121.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 730
  • resizedKIMG0122.JPG
    resizedKIMG0122.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 729

monster76

Occupation
Contractor
yea depending on the weather tomorrow il try and get a video and post it up