• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Digging in Deming, New Mexico

Tommjr

I am bidding on a job near Deming, New Mexico. Anyone on here live near or work near this area.

I am trying to find out what it is like to dig in the desert. I have some duct banks to do and light bases to install.

Thanks!

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
I drove through Deming at night once. But if was like any other desert Im sure its all sand. If not sand its rock or caliche you will need to drill and shoot. If its sand you wont be able to get enough water for compaction.
I think if I was bidding a job that far away from home, I'd be on a airplane to fly out and have a look around.

heavylift

I google map viewed it. looks like a desert, no lawns.
But you do see trenchers with rock chains on them in Texas. so I would guess New Mexico isn't much different. bid worst case digging.
Good luck with the bid