1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dig safely ny seminar

Discussion in 'Safety Issues' started by tuney443, Mar 31, 2012.

1. tuney443

tuney443 Senior Member

excavating contractor
    Anybody here attend Wednesday's Dig Safely down in Fishkill? It's about time that utility operators now have to be more responsive when a mark out is called in.It's called APR--Automated Positive Response.I've had issues with a certain operator in my parts for years in that I have to call them for their utilities locations and mark-outs as if I was bothering them.Hopefully,this will all change now. Their key-note speaker was this unbelievable motivational guy who had thousands of volts of electric surge through him 25 years ago running a jack hammer.The point went through a concrete vault into 3 high tension lines throwing him out of the trench only to have him slide back down into the still imbedded hammer.Pronounced dead 3 times,2 of his toes blew off through his boots,lost 2 more toes later,knees were holding the JH were still decomposing 2.5 weeks later,had them reconstructed and he now can walk with just a slight limp.He became proficient at kayaking,made 2 olympic teams, and carried our flag into the opening ceremonies in Sydney,Australia in 2008. Guy spoke for an hour without any notes keeping everyone thoroughly interested.Very impressive.