• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

differecnes between case 621 and 621b

deck60

I just bought a case 621 sn 00271##

I have found a service manual on cd for a 621b what are the differences

what are any issues with this loader it seems real good and fight I checked the pivot and it looks good no play bushings look good and all take grease

oils look like it was serviced the only issue I have is the steering column lock needs some attention and it needs lights

I know it has a Cummins engine but besides that I would like to know what trans it has ect any thing would help

thanks all

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
They both have the cummins engine. The transmission could either be a zf or a clark in the 621. The 621B only had the ZF transmission. The ZF transmissions would be the same between the 2 models.

At this point in the loaders life you will be running into electrical issues, due to the age of the harness. Common issues are the cab grounds corroding, wires breaking in the joystick wiring, steering column wires rubbing, sensors, ect.

Like any other machine its current condition depends on the maintenance done to it over its life.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
on the 721 /B the axles were different . get ready to change the hoses going to the loader control lever they are fun to get to :cussing:mad:

deck60

hoses

the hoses look to be either changed or in pretty good shape could it be as bad as a ditchwich r60 that hose config was the worst I have ever seen you have to take 3 hoses off just to be able to see the hose you need

quackattak

621b was a terrible loader IMO, 621 with zf was a great loader. B model had internal brakes, really expensive to work on. 621 had durable outboard air over hyd brakes. B model used a very "touchy" ecu for transmission control, problems with that particular model have been discussed here many times. 621 used a mechanical shifter with micro switches (no ecu). That's the 2 biggest differences and enough to stay away from b models.

deck60

621b was a terrible loader IMO, 621 with zf was a great loader. B model had internal brakes, really expensive to work on. 621 had durable outboard air over hyd brakes. B model used a very "touchy" ecu for transmission control, problems with that particular model have been discussed here many times. 621 used a mechanical shifter with micro switches (no ecu). That's the 2 biggest differences and enough to stay away from b models.

got that I did buy a 621 no a b model and by sn should have a zf trans I really want to get a service manual on cd perferably

Jake Erickson

Occupation
Farmer

Hey, Quackattack
I'm looking at getting a loader. 621, 621b or there is located very close to me a 966c cat hours unknown but it looks like it's in descent condition. You seem knowledgeable and I don't know much about loaders. What would you recommend? I want to stay below $25,000 and will be using it for farm related jobs. Pushing manure, knocking over trees, moving rocks etc. I like the case because I like the fact it has the 5.9 cummins and those are everywhere and cheap to work on.

Bigbert

Occupation
Consulting Engineer
Hi deck60,

the Case 621 (B) might have a ZF 4WG 180 with a 4 solenoid control valve.
I'd be able to share a pdf of an operators manual.
BR
Bigbert

Welder Dave

Hey, Quackattack
I'm looking at getting a loader. 621, 621b or there is located very close to me a 966c cat hours unknown but it looks like it's in descent condition. You seem knowledgeable and I don't know much about loaders. What would you recommend? I want to stay below $25,000 and will be using it for farm related jobs. Pushing manure, knocking over trees, moving rocks etc. I like the case because I like the fact it has the 5.9 cummins and those are everywhere and cheap to work on.

There are some experienced mechanics on here that swear the 966C is the best loader Cat ever built. It still comes down to condition but I would look at the total package not just one component of it. 3306 is one of the best Cat engines made and very popular. The 966 is about 10,000lbs heavier as well. Lots of aftermarket and used parts available for the Cat.

Reactions: DB2

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
on the 721 /B the axles were different . get ready to change the hoses going to the loader control lever they are fun to get to :cussing:mad:
Those hoses are easy you just remove the whole control lever, be sure and mark and cap and plug the hyd. lines on bottom of floor plate.

DB2

Personally I would go with the 966C. No computers and doesn’t even need a working charging system to keep going. Virtually bulletproof. 3306 has wet liners unlike a 5.9

Jake Erickson

Occupation
Farmer
Thank you, I'm watching auctions now. Ritchie brothers will have one again. Thanks for the help
Hi deck60,

the Case 621 (B) might have a ZF 4WG 180 with a 4 solenoid control valve.
I'd be able to share a pdf of an operators manual.
BR
Bigbert

Jake Erickson

Occupation
Farmer
Personally I would go with the 966C. No computers and doesn’t even need a working charging system to keep going. Virtually bulletproof. 3306 has wet liners unlike a 5.9
Hey, Thanks for your information. I am looking no for a 966C. Thanks for the help. I'll keep the group posted on what I get.