• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diesel Laptops - Scam?

StanRUS

Stand Alone Office 2019 one time purchase for WIn-Mac is $249.00. Difference from Home-Student Outlook is included.

My time, I like to stay informed a bit about software. Just purchased Office Pro 2016 and license for 1 PC $14.99, just because.

Enjoy your' new MAC

td25c

Sounds like I better hang on to the shop manuals . LOL :D

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

Zewnten

I have a couple computers loaded with dealer level software that I use daily. Buy an OEM interface adapter and it’s hood to go. Do not purchase any texa software as it is nothing more than a code reader. My business would not be where it is without my diagnostic laptop. I prefer the label “modified OEM” vs pirated.

I too am curious as to what alternatives you use, Texa was the only system I've found.

crane operator

If he's like me and refuses to join FB, he can't join a group, nor probably see the group conversations.

I kind of like posting up pictures here, and reading about other people's issues. It's kind of a nice small group. But FB is a whole different animal, and I guess I'm just not interested. I don't want my own page. I don't want views or subscribers. I don't want facebook telling me who my "friends" or people I should know should be. I really don't want to think about if you're my FB friend, or a real friend, or if I need to un friend you.

I'm just going to say this- I think FB is a huge ponzi scheme, and is filled with bots generating advertising revenue, that they are probably churning out the algorithms for themselves. Your business has x number of views and you owe us x number of dollars for ad space. I don't want to post up what the kids and I did every weekend, and "look at the new shiny bauble I bought, that I can't afford". In 10 years facebook will be the AOL or Yahoo of the internet. My high school kids aren't on Facebook at all- they say its for creepy grownups to stalk each other. And if that's FB future, its not going to work.

And while I'm giving stock advice (in case you missed it- I'm giving a sell on Facebook), I'm just going to throw this out there too- I think UBER has seen its high point also, get out while you can. People aren't interested in riding in strangers cars, and the taxi business is a real business, but in no way justifies the valuation that uber has. Uber is a app to call a cab. And the cab driver is going to be someone so hard up that they are doing UBER in their spare time to make ends meet. I don't want them driving me anywhere. And I'm not interested in hauling other people all over town either.

And one more thing, if you're listening to me for stock advice, remember that I'm not in the market at all, my market investment is a bunch of old tired iron. So the advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

That's the end of crane operator's stock tips for today- and it sounded vaguely like a old man rant, Sorry.

We now return you to the regular scheduled programming.

And remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't really watching you.

And just so I get my 2 cents worth in on the real subject- if someone made a affordable laptop that covered my equipment, that I could understand how it works, I'd buy one. I've seen the ones on craigslist and never have had a good enough reason to buy one, and I wouldn't know what to buy, so that's why I was reading this thread. If the laptop worked, I don't care if its pirated or not.

StanRUS

If he's like me and refuses to join FB, he can't join a group, nor probably see the group conversations.

You can shut off everything on FB except your name. I don't have any friends, don't want any on FB. FB work good for business advertisement.

Using a smartphone, Google or Apple is tracking and storing your data, ditto Amazon

Tags

I kind of like posting up pictures here, and reading about other people's issues. It's kind of a nice small group. But FB is a whole different animal, and I guess I'm just not interested. I don't want my own page. I don't want views or subscribers. I don't want facebook telling me who my "friends" or people I should know should be. I really don't want to think about if you're my FB friend, or a real friend, or if I need to un friend you.

I'm just going to say this- I think FB is a huge ponzi scheme, and is filled with bots generating advertising revenue, that they are probably churning out the algorithms for themselves. Your business has x number of views and you owe us x number of dollars for ad space. I don't want to post up what the kids and I did every weekend, and "look at the new shiny bauble I bought, that I can't afford". In 10 years facebook will be the AOL or Yahoo of the internet. My high school kids aren't on Facebook at all- they say its for creepy grownups to stalk each other. And if that's FB future, its not going to work.

And while I'm giving stock advice (in case you missed it- I'm giving a sell on Facebook), I'm just going to throw this out there too- I think UBER has seen its high point also, get out while you can. People aren't interested in riding in strangers cars, and the taxi business is a real business, but in no way justifies the valuation that uber has. Uber is a app to call a cab. And the cab driver is going to be someone so hard up that they are doing UBER in their spare time to make ends meet. I don't want them driving me anywhere. And I'm not interested in hauling other people all over town either.

And one more thing, if you're listening to me for stock advice, remember that I'm not in the market at all, my market investment is a bunch of old tired iron. So the advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

That's the end of crane operator's stock tips for today- and it sounded vaguely like a old man rant, Sorry.

We now return you to the regular scheduled programming.

And remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't really watching you.

And just so I get my 2 cents worth in on the real subject- if someone made a affordable laptop that covered my equipment, that I could understand how it works, I'd buy one. I've seen the ones on craigslist and never have had a good enough reason to buy one, and I wouldn't know what to buy, so that's why I was reading this thread. If the laptop worked, I don't care if its pirated or not.

Wow, now if I could have someone give me stock tips in an entertaining fashion like that more often I'd be more willing to spread some of my hard earned cash around, if only I could remember where I buried it in the yard....

Joe Fick

I talked to a buddy if mine, he knows one guy that bought the on highway version and loves it and he is about to pull the trigger on the on and off highway version he will keep me updated and if you will llike to be updated i can do that also. hell if hes like it i might as well get me one

Zewnten

I would definitely be interested, I keep hearing mixed reviews for the off road side.

StanRUS

I would definitely be interested, I keep hearing mixed reviews for the off road side.

New thread on FB. I specifically asked a Texa user can you do regens on Cat, Cummins, Komatsu, Volvo, Mitsubishi? His replay, "on highway yes itll do anything and it will for off road aswell" His next reply, " diesel laptop taugh book if thats what ur asking, i do all on highway diesel and it does from isuzu to cat"...:confused::confused::confused:

Mixed reviews, my summary: Texa works okay for on-highway trucks. Limited usability for non-highway equipment and engines per user's replies over the last 18 months monitoring FB threads. Users state they cannot perform regens using Texa!
Texa Truck Dealer Level Diagnostic Scanner Tool with Laptop $6,995.00
Texa Construction & Off Highway Diagnostic Scanner Laptop Tool $7,395.00
Panasonic CF-31 8gig Ram, 128gig SSD, No DVD-CD disc drive.

Laptop using multiple OEM software programs requires 500GB HD-SSD minumum. Example below
Cat-SIS DVDs installed on laptop 161GB, 291,593 files and 65,056 folders. Cat ET 27GB works with SIS...188GB. Deleting set up disc data 21.5GB = 166GB.

Mbar

I have a Texa with the tuff tablet. Bought it as a repo with on and off road software and another case full of connectors. The on road is top notch and when hooked to WiFi you are at dealer level. The off road side is very good aswell. I do run into machines that it will not link with it ,I think it’s just a license thing. They send out updates constantly. So one day it may not work on a machine then the next it will. Tech support is very good and if you are having a problem they will stay on the phone until it’s fixed. Not a rep just really impressed with it.

StanRUS

I have a Texa with the tuff tablet. Bought it as a repo with on and off road software and another case full of connectors. The on road is top notch and when hooked to WiFi you are at dealer level. The off road side is very good aswell. I do run into machines that it will not link with it ,I think it’s just a license thing. They send out updates constantly. So one day it may not work on a machine then the next it will. Tech support is very good and if you are having a problem they will stay on the phone until it’s fixed. Not a rep just really impressed with it.

Yep, users are stating better connectivity with the off-road and updates with good product support using TEXA's products.

Mbar

Yep, users are stating better connectivity with the off-road and updates with good product support using TEXA's products.
It’s not cat et or Deere service advisor by any stretch but by the same token you cant take either one of those and manual clear a egr derate on a paccar. So there is a lot of give and take and knowing it’s limits

crane operator

Texa Truck Dealer Level Diagnostic Scanner Tool with Laptop $6,995.00
Texa Construction & Off Highway Diagnostic Scanner Laptop Tool $7,395.00
Panasonic CF-31 8gig Ram, 128gig SSD, No DVD-CD disc drive.

So of those items, do you need both, or is it a either/ or kind of thing? Is this a $7,000 tool or a $14,000 tool?

And just because I'm curious- If you dropped $7,000 on the laptop, what would you need to spend in the next 4 years in updates?

Mbar

The way I was told. And again it was a repo that was sold by Mac. It just so happened to be the perfect set up. You by the tablet/laptop,controller and nesscary cable for which ever system you want. Car,heavy truck, off road or power sport. I think he told me it was about 6500 and every additional program is 3000. I’ve updated both programs once since I’ve had it which you don’t have to do. It was around 1200 for both combined. But if you don’t use it very much you dont have to udate and won’t loose anything.

StanRUS

So of those items, do you need both, or is it a either/ or kind of thing? Is this a $7,000 tool or a $14,000 tool?

TEXA-Diesel Laptops Off Road @ $7,000.00 plus
Do I have a required annual fee each year? No, there are no required annual fees. The software will work forever and never expire. You will only receive updates & support for 1 year, and after that it is $350 per year. You can also go "late" with no penalty.
Ref: https://www.diesellaptops.com/TEXA-...ostic-Scanner-Laptop-Tool-TEXA-OHW-LAPTOP.htm

TEXA On Road @ $7,000.00
How long do I get updates for? You get updates & support for 12-months. After 12-months, you will NOT lose any functionality, you just will not receive updates or be eligible for free tech support.
Ref: https://www.diesellaptops.com/TEXA-...canner-Tool-with-Laptop-TEXA-TRUCK-LAPTOP.htm

TEXA On-Off Road Combined $10,299.00
https://www.diesellaptops.com/Cojal...-Diagnostic-Tool-JALTEST-TRUCK-OHW-LAPTOP.htm
What happens after I've had this tool for a year? This tool will revert to read-only mode unless you purchase an annual support package.

I prefer 'modified OEM software' forever licensed; purchasing software locally as required from a trusted friend.

wlhequipment

Occupation
Mechanic
I have Facebook, Youtube and Google Adwords accounts. The FB and the Youtube are free (so far) and the Adwords costs per click (anywhere from 250 - 500 a month, if I leave it on). The vast majority of my "bread and butter" customers aren't online, but I have landed some decent contracts / jobs from people just cruising my nonsense pages. Advertising pays even at my (really small) level.