1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Diesel Laptops Limited, but just enough

Discussion in 'Dozers' started by nicholas jahnke, Apr 8, 2022.

1. nicholas jahnke

nicholas jahnke New Member

Recently purchased Off Hwy ,Ag, Truck edition of Said Software. Jaltest version. Seriously tempted to return Due to the fact that it is literally as i said just enough, but not enough. I came from the industry were I had access to SIS and Full cat and Deere capability. anyone else just getting involved and finding that we are missing much capability? I understand it is NOT dealer supplied information but for what they charge ,,It seems they really have something especially with there advertising of capability.

Lets Talk on YOUR experiences.

Thanks

Jonas302 likes this.
  2. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF Nicholas;)!

While I have no experience with aftermarket software, it is always interesting to hear what is out there and the capabilities of said software.

DMiller and BigWrench55 like this.
  3. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    Welcome to HEF Nicholas;)!

While I have no experience with aftermarket software, it is always interesting to hear what is out there and the capabilities of said software.

4. nowing75

nowing75 Senior Member

you can get dealer et and sis,just need to know where to look

DMiller, Tenwheeler and Mike L like this.
  5. BillG

BillG Senior Member

I almost pulled the trigger on one of these a couple years or so ago. My main interest was for Liebherr equipment so I asked a BUNCH of questions regarding connectivity. They assured me that all was good and for about 10g's all other manufacturers as well. I pushed the questions a little farther and found out it was going to work but only with the engines, not the rest of the machine. That was one moment that a question asked saved a lot of money. It kind of perturbed me that I had to push so hard to get the information that should have been in the listing of capabilities.

DMiller likes this.
  6. 1466IH

1466IH Senior Member

Been there and done that. Texa is no better. I have been dealing with this place the last couple years and have been very happy with them. Have full CNH, Deere, and Cat at the moment and just ordered Bobcat and Doosan Wednesday. All OEMs are each on their own laptop which is nice because if something happens you don't lose everything. Been there before too...
    https://the-best-manuals-online.com/

DMiller and Tenwheeler like this.
  7. Tenwheeler

Tenwheeler Senior Member

Texa helps me a lot but run into things like: Cat 930H cannot set trim codes.

DMiller likes this.
  8. muddog1975

muddog1975 Well-Known Member

Will they work on Kubota's skidsteers and excavators etc.? Is it worth the money?

DMiller likes this.
  9. Birken Vogt

Birken Vogt Charter Member

Some places out there look like they might rent one to you. I would see about that and back charging the customer if it is a one time job.

DMiller likes this.
  10. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    I keep hearing about diesel laptop computers but could never figure out where the fill cap was.

JPV, Tenwheeler and mg2361 like this.
  11. Tenwheeler

Tenwheeler Senior Member

I do not know yet. I was told it could do regins and such on those before I bought it. The connector costs about $250 I was told. No longer have any Kubotas here.

12. muddog1975

Thanks for your response, they contact me about once a month to buy there system.

13. muddog1975

LOL