• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Diecast Construction Models

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Waitin for the next job

Things pretty slow in these parts - all the gears parked up.

Attachments

• PIC_2415.jpg
    PIC_2415.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 6,925

granitefan713

Occupation
Design Technician
Hi guys,

I'm looking to add a 1:50th scale mining shovel to my collection; however, I'm somewhat cheap. (Don't worry, I know they're almost all over $200). And I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that would give me the best "bang for my buck". I'm not really concerned about a particular OEM at this point. I did just order a Cat 365L FS, but thats not really a "mining" shovel.

Thanks,
Dave

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
Hi guys,

I'm looking to add a 1:50th scale mining shovel to my collection; however, I'm somewhat cheap. (Don't worry, I know they're almost all over $200). And I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that would give me the best "bang for my buck". I'm not really concerned about a particular OEM at this point. I did just order a Cat 365L FS, but thats not really a "mining" shovel.

Thanks,
Dave

i would also like to know, i too am somewhat cheap:D

WabcoMan

Occupation
Heavy equipment parts manager
Good 1/50 Mining Shovek

May I heartily recommend the NZG Liebherr 9240.
a. Its not too expensive
b. Its fully detailed, hoses, good undercarriage, interior, FOPS - even a fire suppression system.
c. You can get it either as a face shovel or backhoe depending on your preference.
d. Its a way better model than the larger Conrad Liebherr R996
e. Its light years ahead of anything else in the price range including the rather crudely detailed Norscot models.
You won't be disappointed:drinkup

granitefan713

Occupation
Design Technician
It seems Liebherr has different model numbers for the same machine, maybe US vs other countries. But several people recommend the NZG Liebherr 994B (9350) and also the Komatsu PC3000.

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
Nice collections:drinkup I have six telehandlers.

xterrahawk

Occupation
entreprenuer, Developer
I have a fairly good size collection here are some pics http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff49/STLModels/

hey can u tell me where u got those pipes
in this picture that belongs to you :)

100_4528.jpg

xterrahawk

Occupation
entreprenuer, Developer
sorry for the trouble but by any chance can you direct me to where you got them? im interested in getting a few of those

shank exposer

Occupation
hoe operator
My Pride and joy. The Bucyrus 495HR mining done in 1:50 scale. 1 of only 1500 made.

If there are any models anyone wants to see up close I will be glad to take individual pictures.

that model is awesome! how much would something like that cost?

tomcat1191

Occupation
Laboer? I think
Your price might be off just a tad on the 495HR. Mine is orangle and blue and has the matching blast hole drill and it set me back just under 1,000$.

tomcat1191

Occupation
Laboer? I think
Yeah the shovel was 695.00 and the blast hole drill was 495.00. Both are awesome models though. Hey the wife bought me the blast hole drill.

Koehringman

Koehring

Lashlander,
Mark Savage is a custom model builder from PA. He has no relationship to Savage Brothers from Utah. I really enjoy your postings from Alaska, as I lived in Anchorage for many years.Keep them coming
Dirtman2007
I live in Western North Carolina in Hendersonville. I see you got the custom BE 400H, The Koehring 1166E lives at my house, Brian does some nice work.

As far as the custom doubles, Mark Savage is building me a complete fleet of trucks for a make believe company that would run in Utah. I will post more customs models later.
Thanks for the interest. John

Got any pics of those Koehring Models?