• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Devcon Titanium Putty

MrKomatsu

:usaI have used devcon on several projects as a last resort and have had zero problems.......
Including useing it as a build up base......very workable...:usa

Chief Jim

Occupation
worm farmer / American
BELZONA 1111 ( SUPER METAL ) is the best of all repair materials. I have used it on shafts from # 3 propeller shaft on USS Enterprise to blade carriers on 7 foot bush hogs. The secret to any good shaft/ spline job is surface preperation, surface preperation, surface preperation.
Molding techniques are done by first de greasing the part to be repaired. Surgical clean. Grit blast with angular abrasive for a 3 to 4 mil near white finish. Simply super clean the good part that you want to mirror. Be sure that all burs, and uneven linear wear zones are straitened or you will play hob getting the thing apart.
Put a even coat of release agent on the good part ( anyplace you don't want the BELZONA to stick) and allow to dry as per instructions. Properly mix the BELZONA 1111 until no color streaks exist, then apply a even and generous coat onto the damaged part. Assemble and lightly seat the two parts to get proper alignment. Wipe off excess material. Allow time to set. It is all about temperature and time. You can play with the temp to adjust the time. I always do a post cure with heat, just because that makes me feel better.
Seperate parts, dress down with files or grinder. Blind holes are no problem as this material has no solvents and cures from the inside out via chemical reaction. It is Nuclear Certified and well worth the cost.

B0B

Occupation
Mechanic
I know this is old but Im gonna use devcon on a rear end yoke with too much wear between the splines. I will try to monitor it and update here if I can to increase the knowledge base.

chroniekon

Wow, kind of surprised to see this pop up in my email tonight. It's been six years and that tiller is still going strong. I plow the garden first to loosen the soil just to be on the safe side, but that's it. I even did a couple acre area in the corner of one field a couple years ago.
I can highly recommend the stuff. It's not cheap, but it really works.

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Appreciate the progress report. Success stories are great.
I've always been a Belzona 111 guy, myself.