• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz parts manual

03hdrk

I see the nameplate says made in England and then the German engine - I guess it is not US military - I should have been more observant. Is there a voltage regulator with a number on it? I think all stamfords are PMG excited, so it should not need battery voltage. I think you could get a new regulator and or test procedures pretty easy. I have actually left a message with a contact to see if I can get a regulator pn spec - I see it says 32V excite and 1.3 amps on the plate.

03hdrk

I just went back and read the thread. I thought I read that it was not generating, thus all my talk about regulators. You said you needed a speed sensor and nothing about generating - sorry. As someone mentioned above - those engines were mechanical normally. If they have an electric governor mechanism of some sort, there should be a module or card of some kind to go with the mechanism, and you would likely need to talk to the governer manufacturer to get the right sensor.
If the engine speed is not controlled electrically, then the sensor would likely just be for a safety system or tachometer only.
I know a guy that might be able to help id the components if you have pictures

James Sorochan

Occupation
x-water & sewer construction Now farmer.
03hdrk. Sounds like you are way ahead of me. Thanks for all the time spending on this. Appreciate it. I'm not experienced in this field, that's why we asked our electrician to help out. He has worked on generators so I'll kept you apprised were things are at once he digs into it.