• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz Ditch witch trencher wont start

S Spanner

I was just wondering if anyone is very familiar with the Deutz air cooled diesels ?

I have never touched one of these engines in my life ,but i have tryed a few things and it just doesnt want to start

I have used an air gun on the hose just before the primary filter to check if nothing if blocking the line

The diesel solenoid seems to be working ,i can feel it clicking and just to make sure i pulled it out turned the key to see it was working correctly

I think there is a neutral switch on these ? I can see the neutral switch light up when i pull the controls back

Im getting diesel and it cranks over fine . I just dont know what else could be stopping it from firing ?

Attachments

• dd.jpg
    dd.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 96
  • ddd.jpg
    ddd.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 92
  • dddd.jpg
    dddd.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 97
  • ddddd.jpg
    ddddd.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 93

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
Any smoke while cranking? Batteries nice and topped up so it cranks fast?

S Spanner

cranks fast , battery is good . havent really payed attention to the the exhaust , it goes over the Roll over protection system and it way above the roof . ill have a look tomorrow

Bill Smith

Occupation
Rental House Owner
did you loosen an injector line to see if fuel is pumping out . Some of these old beasts had a shut down handle on the dash .

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
There is a 10mm plug inline w/ the inj. pumps.. that's a timing plug.
Remove the plug and look in the hole w/ a flashlite and have someone turn the key.
You should see the control rack jump to the start position..
IF it moves that's good.. now loosen the feed/return line while someone cranks the engine..
IT should squirt fuel on you.. retighten..
Loosen the line going to ALL the injectors and crank the engine..
Fuel should squirt while cranking.. retighten..
Let us know how you did..

S Spanner

Ok so it runs now , someone has wired in an ignition and the fuel shutoff solenoid had power to it in the ON and Run Position

No power to the solenoid means that the rack is in the open position to the injector pumps

Now i have tryed a few things

remove the solenoid completetly and it runs perfect

put the solenoid on and disconnect the power supply and it wont run

I have have tested the solenoid and it works perfectly fine when power is applied to ( but it only needs power to shut the machine off )

its almost like the solenoid in the untra.jpgpowered state is pushing the rack a tiny but into the off position