• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deutz BF6M2012C engine oil pump removal

Volvomad

Replacing the pump ,it is in the front crank case cover . I pulled the sump ,removed the stack pipe ,unbolted the oil pump/case cover and it came back half an inch with a gentle pry to break the gasket seal .It sits loose on the crankshaft and freely slides in and out that half inch but wont come off . I turned the engine over slowly with gentle pry pressure ,but no good .
It is in a Volvo L90E loader

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
Slight misalignment between drive splines and rear of pump housing. Might I ask why you're changing the pump. Unless starved for oil, they last forever. If you were lacking oil pressure, shoulda pulled the oil cooler. There are the bypass and main relief valves behind the cooler plate, behind the housing. Common failure. Service bulletin was released years back.

Attachments

• 15801725596284741600198468842366.jpg
    15801725596284741600198468842366.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 18

Volvomad

Yes . Low oil pressure . Dont get service bulletins . Has 25k on it , replaced big ends about 3k back when I had to replace piston rings . Pulled a main that time and it looked pretty good . The big ends were not bad either . Oil pressure drops to 12 psi at tick over hot half way between oil change . I will pull the oil cooler .
Will i see the problem or should I just replace the valves ?

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
If the spring is broken, yes, you'll see the problem. I don't believe that the valves are separate anymore. IIRC, you have to buy the assembly.
I have attached a PDF describing them. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• lube valves.pdf
    761.1 KB · Views: 14

Volvomad

On removing the oil pump the gasket was split internally . I dont think it split during removal as the pump came away clean and easy from the gasket ,it was crank seal (one with inner race ,ie not running on the shaft ) that hindered removal . The gasket was complete ,sound and welded to the engine block apart from a vertical split between the pressure feed and sump . The replacement from volvo was steel ,not paper .
I did pull the oil cooler . 1 valve was good , the other had worn some of the flights that keep it square to the seat . The only replacment valve was the wrong one but the dealer couldnt tell me which one it was . I cut it up and put the spool in to the one with the long tapered spring . Thanks for the installation guide Fun with fuel . I was putting it together after several attempts when I noticed some wear on the spring ,but I kept going anyway . I priced the oil cooler before I put on the dodgey one .Over €800 . Dodgy cooler will do for now . Oil pressure 30psi at idle at 95C which is as hot as I can get it . I know that is not mighty but it was in single figures .