• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Detroit 4-71 needs new manifold

saltry

We have an old Terex 72-30 that needs a new exhaust manifold. The only manifolds I can find are for wet exhaust (boats). If anyone know where I can get one it would be appreciated. Detroit 4-71 with center riser. I can take a picture if needed.

Thanks
Dave K

Lashlander

Have you tried Detroit Diesel in Anchorage? I'm not sure about your loader but a lot of the old Terex used Detroit exhaust manifolds and the number in the parts book was actually Detroits part number for that model. If that doesn't work you can start checking for equipment dismantle companies like the link below.

http://www.partsun-ltd.com/terex.asp

saltry

Thanks for the responses guys. Funny to get one from the same remote location I am at. Lashlander you may know this machine if you worked for Lash. It is the 72-30 they used to own. We are using it on the fairgrounds. It does have the detroit 4-71 in it. I'll check in Anchorage with Detroit diesel. I would have thought we could find a used one on ebay or another cheap source but all I see is marine. I did see the source that ATCOEQUIP mentioned and thanks for that. I guess I would have to contact them for a specific quote. I will likely check at Nicks fine parts emporium in the flats this week. Lashlander if you are still connected with Lash I would like to contact you again.

Thanks guys
Dave

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
manifold

We have an old Terex 72-30 that needs a new exhaust manifold. The only manifolds I can find are for wet exhaust (boats). If anyone know where I can get one it would be appreciated. Detroit 4-71 with center riser. I can take a picture if needed.

Thanks
Dave K

I have one I bought for a machine and the guy never came back to pay for it. I paid $200 for it, I bought new gaskets also. Im afraid that the freight would kill you