• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition pictures from Tacoma, WA

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Yeah that would be fun to travel all over.

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Furthest I travel for work is 15 miles and I try to avoid that.

Although this summer I bought 1/2 acre at the entrance to MT. Rainer (Ashford) so now I will have to clear the lot to put a summer cabin and garage on it.

I will try to get some demo shots of our sub port building. I have a problem believing it is going to cost upwards to 1 million dollars to take down 30,000 sq ft 1 story wood building.

Demoguy324

Occupation
Operating engineer, Local 701, Specializing in scr
Dwan,

That seems very outrageous, what are the special circumstances surrounding the demo project? and haz-mat, asbestos, contaminated soil, crippled structure, difficult terrain/site access, complicated salvage?

Eric

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Dwan,

That seems very outrageous, what are the special circumstances surrounding the demo project? and haz-mat, asbestos, contaminated soil, crippled structure, difficult terrain/site access, complicated salvage?

Eric

I would say none of the above.

We live in the state capitol.
A place full of people that want to control everything.
It is a city owned building rented to the state bordering the Coast Gard headquarters here in Juneau.
The property is on the dock, shore line, main drag in town, overlooked by the State Office building (SOB for short). DEC headquarters is 2 blocks away, in view of State regional fin & feather (fish & game), Also across the channel form sport fin & feather. across the street from a large tourist hotel and just down the hill from the Governess's house (in view).
Everyone in this town wants to put there stamp of approval on the project but no one will take any blame if anything was to go wrong.
Every scoop of dirt has to be barreled up and sent south to be tested for contamination, every board has to be checked for some type of treatment before it is put in a container and also sent south for additional study. Wire, plumbing, roofing, insulation, wall board, siding, cement, glass, everything has to be separated.

need I say more?

RollOver Pete

Occupation
Operating Engineer/mechanic
Furthest I travel for work is 15 miles and I try to avoid that.

Hmmmm...
I'm trying to remember the last time I worked here at "Home" :confused:

I think maybe back in March or April.......but I'm not sure......
I do know that I was in Victorville last week and tomorrow I'll be in Yuma Az. for around 6 weeks.....
:cool:

Demoguy324

Occupation
Dwan,

I see, more red tape than anything else, funny, even with a fleet of demo shears, a little red tape still can't be cut through...

Heck, a building that small can be started at 5:00pm, and completed by the time the state employees get back to work at 9:00 the next day!

oh well, what can you do.

Eric

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
I didn't mention no working at night. 7:am through 8:pm. remember the hotel across the street. And we wouldn't want to disturb Miss. Governess. If it warms up tomarrow I will try to git some pictures. That is if it gets above "0"

Dwan Hall

Occupation
Self Employed
Cold out today for SE Alaska. -20 with wind chill on the dock.

Here is the building. seems as the city hired a environmental co. to do the work just in case.

I didn't mention that the property was given to a native corporation due to the native claims settlement act.

About 3 months ago I had to relocate a CATV line to the Coast Gard building that was routed through this building so it could be taken down. There was no one looking over my shoulder when I did this job.

Attachments

• juneau-subport-1-2007.jpg
    juneau-subport-1-2007.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 232
  • juneau-subport-2007.jpg
    juneau-subport-2007.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 228

Demoguy324

Occupation
Bucket man,

what kinds of attachments do you have, and for what size machines?

Eric

Bucket Man

Bucket man,

what kinds of attachments do you have, and for what size machines?

Eric
I have shears,pulverizers,breakers,etc...Also a Labounty,Stanley,Bodine,Genesis dealer
Right now I have a shear for a 400,pulverizer for a 200...I've got a manual cruncher on the way as well
Mike (253)405-0038

Last edited by a moderator: