• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition debris grinder?

Sk187

I am bidding a very large house demolition and it is in a very tight area (houses on both sides and busy road in front).

The only place to do anything is behind the house and that's only about 150 feet.

Years ago on a house demolition a contractor had a large grinder, I imagine a tub grinder but he basically ran the entire house through the machine (everything but metal and concrete).

My question would be -

Does anyone know of a grinder specially designed for demolition materials?

I imagine you will get the occasional missed piece of metal and wiring.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
yes there are a couple manufactures. I have looked into it before but you need a lot of voulume to justfy the price. the smallest one i have seen cost about 175,000

Turbo21835

Not worth the hassle to get a tub grinder or horizontal grinder. Is the house on a slab, or does it have a basement? Either way, start in the center of the house. If it has a basement, make sure to make a hole in the floor to the basement. Either force your material to the basement, or pile it so you can walk the machine on top of it. Start chewing and tracking around on it as you wreck it. It will make the material smaller. Then load it out. If your looking for a hand, send me a PM.

AtlasRob

Occupation
owner operator
I am bidding a very large house demolition ............he basically ran the entire house through the machine (everything but metal and concrete).

My question would be -

Does anyone know of a grinder specially designed for demolition materials?

Would an excavator mounted crusher bucket be of any use?
It would handle the brick and concrete but the wood might choke it.
If you had a grapple or similar to seperate the wood which you could then track over to compact and smash it up.

These are UK based but I am sure there must be similar on your piece of rock :D

http://dig-a-crusher.com/

http://www.rotajawcrushers.com/page4.htm