• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Damn that's nice LC! Congrats!

So is the cooled seat like the Ford Superduty seats that just have a fan in the seat that just circulates the cabin air or is there an A/C duct?

Like that ya'll chose the directional steer instead of joystick. If I ever get another new loader I've kicked around the idea of joystick steer but I think I'd choose the standard.

Landclearer

CM, I believe it has an AC duct running to it. I will investigate further.

As for the joystick, I thought about it but after 25 plus years running trackloader I figured it best to stick with what I know. The head of Cat trackloaders said that all the old guys run the v pattern with the pedals. The new guys like the skid steer style. I guess I’m an old guy. Oh well!

savman

Landclearer,

What do you make of the Genesis sorting grapple?

Is it something you wish you'd had all along? Or just nice to have type thing?

Any uses besides sorting wood/metal demolition?

Landclearer

Landclearer,

What do you make of the Genesis sorting grapple?

Is it something you wish you'd had all along? Or just nice to have type thing?

Any uses besides sorting wood/metal demolition?
Hey Savman,

It is awesome! I’ve been running it on our 250 doing demo, sorting, loading scrap and debris, and I’ve been taking the concrete slab off of the steel deck. I love it. I think you can get a better load in the trucks with and you don’t have be in the perfect spot like a thumb. You can be sitting at a 45 degree angle, no problem. Yes I wish I had it all along. I’ll get some pics of what I’m doing with it today.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
That's slicker than snot on a doorknob LC!

Next hoe we buy will have a third hydraulic line to run a grapple or a pulverizer. That grapple looks like an awesome tool.

savman

I second what CM said; the grapple looks awesome.

Every time I load cans I'm always thinking about a rotating grapple.

Landclearer

Thanks CM and Savman. It is slick. Once you get used to being able to rotate you want to rotate everything (lol)

CM if you have thumb lines all you need is a rotate circuit. That grapple does not need a case drain.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Thanks CM and Savman. It is slick. Once you get used to being able to rotate you want to rotate everything (lol)

CM if you have thumb lines all you need is a rotate circuit. That grapple does not need a case drain.

Man I bet. Yeah LC I was referring to another hydro circuit. Currently our 325 has a hammer/thumb line and our 321 is bare. I want to trade up the F for a next Gen 325 so we can run GPS on the hoe as well.