• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

skyking1

I finished hammering this morning and grubbed out the big stuff. We are camping this weekend so I quit early today. I levered out the corner and beat on it , then grabbed this string of goodness out in one piece. Mad respect for #4 rebar.
PXL_20221014_175023691.jpg PXL_20221014_175540772.jpg
The homeowner is out of town by until tomorrow, and there was a hot tub there when he left. :)
PXL_20221014_210131857.jpg

I figured this is 34 tons. Go ahead and make your guess, I'll report back with the load tickets.
PXL_20221014_210415811.jpg

Landclearer

Oh wow. That looks like a fun one Skyking! Yes there definitely is no access on that one. A really nice yard though.

Landclearer

Oh wow. That looks like a fun one Skyking! Yes there definitely is no access on that one. A really nice yard though. The good thing about the tough jobs are they pay well. Nothing easy on that job. Turned out good though. The owner will be surprised when he gets home. I figure 26 tons in that pike let me know if I’m close.

Last edited:

skyking1

His friend suggested a CB in that area and some drain pipe, and we happened to have a used type 30 with a 3" sand collar mudded into it, sitting in the yard. I have been wanting to burn that one for a while. I drilled some 3" pipe and hand high graded some of the little bits for drain rock. If worst comes to pass he can set a pump in it and send it back over the wall.
I think the pile was 30 plus, but I only hauled off 26 tons of the biggest stuff and tracked the rest into the pond bottom where mother nature will claim it. I replanted the little shrubs I took up to dry pack that wall and raked it all up, and got out just before the rains today.
PXL_20221021_184429829.jpg
Before:
PXL_20221007_173959854.jpg

PXL_20221021_184525547.jpg

Landclearer

Hey CM, well all of our 963s have been a little lite in the rear so we were going to do counterweights but I figured the ripper would make a counterweight, a bumper and a ripper as well.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hey CM, well all of our 963s have been a little lite in the rear so we were going to do counterweights but I figured the ripper would make a counterweight, a bumper and a ripper as well.

LOL that's the same reason I wouldn't mind having rippers on our 953C, not necessarily for ripping but for a counterweight, bumper and an easier tow point.

I see it has a black bucket so does it have a QC as well?

mitch504

I used to work around a 953 or 963 that had rippers, it belonged to another guy who did a lot of work for one of my customers. That ripper was handy as a shirt pocket, we used it for everything under the sun but ripping the ground.

Oxbow

Why yes it is. Lol. Been ordered for over a year.
Interesting that it is very rare to see a track loader in our region. I think one of the landfills has one as I have seen it in to Cat for repairs, but other than that I can't think of any. Maybe softer ground conditions is the reason?

Landclearer

Interesting that it is very rare to see a track loader in our region. I think one of the landfills has one as I have seen it in to Cat for repairs, but other than that I can't think of any. Maybe softer ground conditions is the reason?
Ours is the only one around here also. Don’t know why more people don’t use them for clearing.