• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

CM, I hate to say it but we scrapped them. The GC is in a hurry so we did not have time to salvage anything but scrap.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
CM, I hate to say it but we scrapped them. The GC is in a hurry so we did not have time to salvage anything but scrap.

I understand that, I've done the same in a time crunch - stuff I would have liked to have the time to salvage.

Really like that demo/debris trailer. What brand is it?

Landclearer

The demo trailer is an Alfab. They are great people to work with and build a great product. What is nice about them is everything they build is a custom product and they are very one on one.

Colorado Digger

What's going on with all the sand? Is that import from another job? I know it is tough on undercarriages, but what a dream compared to what we deal with. Keep up the good work and thanks for the fotos. Very nice equipment and trucks. It shows in the iron and organization on the job.

CD

Landclearer

Hey CD,

The sand comes from a pit. That is our version of fill dirt. The stuff you see in the truck is real good to work with, it is angular and has a little bit of clay so with a bit of water, it packs great. It is hard on undercarrages. We got about 2100 hour out of a D3G LGP and that includes a bushing turn. I do think we have it a little easier than you on our soil conditions. No blasting here:D. Our fight is with dewatering so I guess no place is perfect. I like your scenery better than ours!

Should have 2 of the three jobs finished this week and hope to get some finished product pics up.

Landclearer

Got a few pics of the finished foundation. It took about 1200 yards of fill to fill it and outside the house. We put it in in lifts. The next group of pics is of our demo loaders. Had a 930K and Volvo L70. We put them in about the worst conditions you would want to try and run a loader in(around here anyway).

Aug8 004.jpg

Aug8 006.jpg

Aug8 034.jpg

Aug8 011.jpg

Aug8 014.jpg

Landclearer

I figured I would post something a little different, We had to change the screens in our grinder to fill a good sized order of landscape mulch. I also put in a couple of the finished product coming up the belt.

Aug8 035.jpg

Aug8 036.jpg

Aug8 038.jpg

Aug8 039.jpg

Aug8 040.jpg

Landclearer

A few pics of this weeks work. First pics are of a lot I cleared. I graded it off on Monday. Then went to the conduit job that has been on hold due to the rain. You might be able to see what I mean :rolleyes:. The last pics are of all the Kubotas on one job. I do not think that ever happened before.

Aug17 001.jpg

Aug17 003.jpg

Aug17 004.jpg

Aug17 005.jpg

Aug17 006.jpg

390eric

Looks like you got a brand new dozer to grade with, only wore half the paint off the blade. Nice looking equipment and work.

Landclearer

I did a little demo job this week. I started on Weds. at 2:00 pm and finished Fri at 2:00 pm. We have about a 75 mile round trip to the dump. The last two pics are of a little pipe job I did on Sat.

Eugenia 004.jpg

Eugenia 005.jpg

Eugenia 006.jpg

Eugenia 008.jpg

Eugenia 010.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Looks good as usual LC. Nice, neat demo.

I can't imagine having to deal with your low water table. What's the small hole in the catch basin in the last pic for? An under drain?

Landclearer

Thanks CM! Yes the water table is a real pain sometimes. You are right the small hole is for under drain. The road is 1200lft and it has it run down both sides continuously with only 2 sets of catch basins spaced about 400 feet apart. If it were not for the mudhogs at both boxes, the water would be well over the small hole.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
It's powder dry 4' down here in virgin material. The ret. pond I cleaned out last week was dry down 3-4' before the silt turned to pudding.