• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Surcharge for the building pads? How's the 700 to run? Heard good things about them.

Landclearer

Yes the building pads were surcharged. The funny thing is they are only going to be small cottages.

The 700 is real nice. Has a good ride and plenty of power. It is the perfect size big enough to move some dirt and agile enough to be a good trim dozer.

hvy 1ton

LC do you know what your East walking floor is for yardage, sideboard height, and tare weight? Cedars are haunting my dreams again. Plotting and planning instead of sleeping.

Landclearer

Hey hvy,

The trailer is a 48 footer, it is 100 inches tall and holds 120 yards. When we haul mulch it makes a dent in the pile:D

Landclearer

We have been getting rain here and have been back and forth to the clearing job. Trying to get that finished up.

28 tons of red oak export logs heading for China

big pine 011.jpg

Took down the giant pine on the job. It was about 110 feet tall not including the stump.

big pine 009.jpg

big pine 006.jpg

Spent Saturday cutting in for some 18 inch stand up curb.

big pine 002.jpg

Our curb is going to tie into brick curb. Here is a pic of the footer. The GC took the brick curb out of our contract because they said they could get it done cheaper. Now I know why.

big pine 001.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Our curb is going to tie into brick curb. Here is a pic of the footer. The GC took the brick curb out of our contract because they said they could get it done cheaper. Now I know why.

What's that a 1.5" footing under the new brick curb?:rolleyes:

Landclearer

I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt and let's call it two inches:D. I guess they figure the inch or two mortar will make it all good.

movindirt

We have been getting rain here and have been back and forth to the clearing job. Trying to get that finished up.

28 tons of red oak export logs heading for China

View attachment 157324

Took down the giant pine on the job. It was about 110 feet tall not including the stump.

View attachment 157325

View attachment 157326

Spent Saturday cutting in for some 18 inch stand up curb.

View attachment 157327

View attachment 157328

I assume your grade is level? If so it looks like that footer has about 3" of side slope to it :confused:

Landclearer

We have 1.5 tenths of rise to the back of the curb but yes, they are not right on grade either. We have 6 inches of rock and 2 inches of asphalt going in.

02SILVER

Hey Landclearer, how has your Volvo 300D been for you? I am considering buying one locally and would like your thoughts on yours. Thanks for continuing to update your thread with pics, I always enjoy looking at them!

Landclearer

Hey Landclearer, how has your Volvo 300D been for you? I am considering buying one locally and would like your thoughts on yours. Thanks for continuing to update your thread with pics, I always enjoy looking at them!

Thanks, glad you enjoy the pics. I love to see whatever everyone else does so I figure I should share as well.

I love our 300. It is great on fuel, smooth and fast and strong. It is well balanced and travels good. We have had some trouble with the regen system. I am not sure if it is just ours or it is a common problem. If you could get the service records on the machine you are looking at, I would check to see if they have had any trouble with the regen.

Landclearer

We finally got the go ahead to demolish the house that burned in Oct.(pics earlier in thread). Didn't really need to start yet because we are busy but you never get just the right amount of work.

Moved the 160 in and started by picking through the debris to get a load of copper out. Sent this load out to get it off the truck and have almost as much piled up again.

burned house 010.jpg

burned house 009.jpg

burned house 008.jpg

burned house 007.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
your lucky that the copper was still there

No doubt. Might be that copper is under $2 a lb here, might've not been worth the meth heads time.:rolleyes:

Reminds me of a large demo I did in the 'hood back in '13 when scrap was $.14 a pound. We had to lock the safety chain on the rear door of the 40's and put a mangled mess of bar joists on top to keep the crack heads from stealing it.:cool:

Landclearer

No doubt. Might be that copper is under $2 a lb here, might've not been worth the meth heads time.:rolleyes:

Reminds me of a large demo I did in the 'hood back in '13 when scrap was $.14 a pound. We had to lock the safety chain on the rear door of the 40's and put a mangled mess of bar joists on top to keep the crack heads from stealing it.:cool:

Fortunately there are not much in the way of meth heads around this job but I do know what you mean. It must have been bad to have to chain the rear door shut:eek: We don't use containers so we try to get a load of scrap and haul without letting it sit if we are in a bad part of town. We got a 1.50 for that since it is burnt. They call it refinery at our scrap yard. Not bad for 3 hours of work.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
We got a 1.50 for that since it is burnt. They call it refinery at our scrap yard. Not bad for 3 hours of work.

I didn't realize that was a load of copper!:eek: I know you said you were pulling the copper out but I didn't realize that the load was all copper. What was it copper roof panels/flashing?

Yeah you did good for 3 hours of work.:drinkup

Landclearer

Yes that was one of our triaxles with nothing but copper roof panels. I have another pile getting close to the same size and I am still digging through the debris. Every once in a while you get lucky and come out on top:D