1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by Landclearer, May 18, 2014.

1. Landclearer

Landclearer Senior Member

Got a couple things accomplished this week.

We finished the pool house and fire lane for the building.

We also almost finished the gun range trails. We were 2 loads of granite base short and the train did not come in until Sat. Hopefully we will be able to get the last 2 loads on Mon.

We came up with a solution to spreading the base 8 feet wide and 3 inches thick. I think it worked out real good.

roller 027.jpg

roller 026.jpg

roller 018.jpg

roller 016.jpg

roller 019.jpg

2. Landclearer

Here are a few pics of the poor man's Jersey spreader:D

roller 015.jpg

roller 011.jpg

roller 009.jpg

roller 005.jpg

roller 001.jpg

3. JNB

JNB Senior Member

Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
    Ha! Now there's your one pass extreme box blade. What's the model number on your Towmaster?

4. tkoden

tkoden Well-Known Member

What is the make on that spreader? We have been doing a lot of road rocking lately and none of the truck drivers can spread to save their lives. I was thinking we could mount something like that on our skip loader. We usually do 12' wide roads.

5. oarwhat

oarwhat Senior Member

Looks like a snow pusher box.

6. Landclearer

JNB it is a t14d. I think they build the best small tags around.

7. Landclearer

It is an Advantage attachments snow box. We modified the skid mounts so we could adjust the height. It is built great and worked out perfectly. If we do more with it I think we will extend it out the front slope a little bit so it will hold a little more rock without spilling ooutside.

8. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    Cool adaptive use of an attachment. Being a snow pusher how stout is it built?

I really like the idea, my gears are turning.:D

Are you feeding it with your wheel loader or dumping small piles out of the truck?

9. Landclearer

As for how it is built, it is pretty heavy! I was pleasantly surprised by how well it is built. I really do not think I could bend it with a skid steer no matter what I did to it.

We used the army truck to feed. We were at lest 3000 feet from the stockpile at certain points so we just backed the truck up and I would tell the driver what to do with the walky talky.

The price was great and they shipped it for free as well.

10. 390eric

390eric Senior Member

Must have got a few questions when ordering a snow pusher to South Carolina ha ha. That worked great tho. As always superb work by you guys

11. Landclearer

Thanks Eric! The guy did say" can I ask why you need a snow box in SC in April" and we explained it and he thought it was a neat idea.

12. ScottAR

ScottAR Senior Member

I've seen a small asphalt paver used for a job like that but this seems simpler. :thumbsup

13. Landclearer

When I was a kid I remember the drag box they would attach to the back of a single axle truck to pave with.

14. Landclearer

Got back to doing a little logging and clearing. Cut 4 acres of wood for a clearing job. 90% is pine pulp, the rest is hardwood brush. Got everything up to the deck, started loading out and the mill cut us off for the week. Started stumping on Friday and was making pretty good progress.

logs 009.jpg

logs 008.jpg

logs 007.jpg

logs 005.jpg

logs 002.jpg

15. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

Why did the mill cut you off, too much timber on their yard? Now your timber is laying on the ground drying out.:cool:

16. Landclearer

Yes and yes. They are taking saw wood but no pulp. We need some rain to get the woods wet and slow down the loggers:rolleyes:

17. Landclearer

Just putting this on here in case some guys don't look at the classifieds.

337 Pete single axle dump
    We are selling our 13 Pete. Has 300 Paccar motor 10 speed air ride 14k miles Hardox dump with barn door hitch with air and electric for tag along. Truck is like new and loaded. If interested pm me

Chris

18. CM1995

CM1995 Administrator

I know just enough about the timber industry to be dangerous.:tong

That's a nice single axle you've got for sale. Post a couple of pics in the ad.

19. Landclearer

The most important thing about the timber industry is the golden rule, they have the gold and they rule. You have to do what they say and take what they give.

I have two pages with different sorts of logs to take to different mills and different grades if wood. I keep lists in my truck.

20. HLS123

HLS123 New Member

Do you have a contact you could email me regarding the Pete 337 dump?
    Thanks
    Adam
    hlssupplies@gmail.com