• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Gotta love those tight jobs with big trees and all the "off -limits" areas.:rolleyes:

The condo job we're working on has a tree save area. Had to hand demo a driveway, brick sidewalk and rock retainer walls within this protection area in order to not disturb the roots of the two "oaks" they wanted to save. Now the landscape architect designated these two "oaks" and the area the hand work was to be done in. The silly part of it all was one of the "oaks" is a sweet gum - LA didn't know the difference..:cool2

Now the even more cosmic irony part of it was the sweet gum in the tree save area was hit by lighting 2 weeks ago. Now it has to be taken down manually because the building is under construction and the temp. overhead power for the construction office also runs by the tree save area. They want me to handle the removal..:lmao

Looks like the new truck is working out well. Is it a BMY? I've been watching them on gov planet and will probably buy one when the need is there. All they need is a Red Dot A/C and it's a cheap off road truck.:thumbsup

Landclearer

Too big for my needs, but I always thought they'd be handy for working onsite. Back in the day there was a guy that had one set up as an off road tow rig. He hung out at the local mudbog and made some pretty good change towing out stuck 4x4's. Funny to see him pull out two trucks AND the truck they were trying to extract when they got stuck...all in one tug!
We have not had it in the mud yet, just sand and it does great. Hopefully it keeps working good.

Landclearer

Gotta love those tight jobs with big trees and all the "off -limits" areas.:rolleyes:

The condo job we're working on has a tree save area. Had to hand demo a driveway, brick sidewalk and rock retainer walls within this protection area in order to not disturb the roots of the two "oaks" they wanted to save. Now the landscape architect designated these two "oaks" and the area the hand work was to be done in. The silly part of it all was one of the "oaks" is a sweet gum - LA didn't know the difference..:cool2

Now the even more cosmic irony part of it was the sweet gum in the tree save area was hit by lighting 2 weeks ago. Now it has to be taken down manually because the building is under construction and the temp. overhead power for the construction office also runs by the tree save area. They want me to handle the removal..:lmao

Looks like the new truck is working out well. Is it a BMY? I've been watching them on gov planet and will probably buy one when the need is there. All they need is a Red Dot A/C and it's a cheap off road truck.:thumbsup

You have it worse than we do on the protected areas. We have had to do some hand clearing before but never any hand demolition before inside protected areas. I hope they paid real good for it:D . I bet you got a good laugh when you came in and saw the gum was struck by lightning. The job I am clearing now has a dead spruce pine that is barricaded. They had to make a decision to see if they wanted it out.

The truck is a BMY that came from Gov Planet. Yes it could use some AC but it sure is a lot cheaper than an ADT. A lot easier on fuel also. I will get more pics once we really get started on the job.

Fastdirt

Cool shots of the 6x6 ( I don't know the actual name). I used to get to use one to move a tub grinder from pile to pile. I won't lie we had some fun in it and put it to the test pulling A Diamond Z around. I volunteered to drive it on the road once to the next job and that was one scary drive because I didn't unlock the front axle.

I like it.... smart purchase. It looks to be in excellent shape. I bet it gets a lot of attention and strikes up some conversations.

Looks like another great job y'all landed:notworthy

Landclearer

Cool shots of the 6x6 ( I don't know the actual name). I used to get to use one to move a tub grinder from pile to pile. I won't lie we had some fun in it and put it to the test pulling A Diamond Z around. I volunteered to drive it on the road once to the next job and that was one scary drive because I didn't unlock the front axle.

I like it.... smart purchase. It looks to be in excellent shape. I bet it gets a lot of attention and strikes up some conversations.

Looks like another great job y'all landed:notworthy

The official military name for the truck is a M929A2, we just call it the Army truck. We have been using it this week and have been very impressed so far. That thing will go anywhere. We have sand and a regular tri axle does not much care for the stuff but the Army truck will drive anywhere in it without the front axle engaged. It does turn some heads. Everyone wants to drive it to.

This is a good little job. The GC is great so it has been a winner so far.

Landclearer

Finished the clearing job this week. Hauled 8 loads of wood out and still have one left to go. Going to move the grinder in this week also.

The first couple are of 28 tons of hardwood logs for export.

smc 003.jpg

smc 005.jpg

smc 007.jpg

smc 008.jpg

smc 012.jpg

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Looks good! What's that yellow deal there in the last pic?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Nice load of hardwood LC. Does that sawbuck have a hydraulic saw?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
CM, it does have a hyd saw. Sure saves a lot of time and sweat.

No doubt. If you're cutting a lot of wood it makes it much easier. Does it have it's own power pack or do you hook it up to a machine that has remotes?

Landclearer

It gets hooked to the log loader. It has 3 hoses and you push a button on the joystick which turns the saw on as well as lowers the bar. Once you release the button it shuts the chain off and returns the saw back to the house.

Fastdirt

This finished job looks picture perfect.. Have I said how much I love the stacks on the Peterbilt.......I think I have but they look great.

Landclearer

Thanks FD. I hate to see roots and logs laying around a clearing job.

I am with you, I like the stacks on the Pete as well.

Landclearer

Dug a big commercial pool early in the week. Used two tri-axles for 2 days to haul off about 800 feet. Kept them pretty steady. The ground conditions were poor which was made worse by rain every night. The ground was saturated causing sections of the walls to either cave in or sag. Not the prettiest job but sometimes you can't do anything about it. Rented a Cat 316 since our 160 was busy.

nexton 001.jpg

nexton 005.jpg

nexton 006.jpg

nexton 009.jpg

Got the grinder moved up to the clearing job. The pile is a monster!

nexton 010.jpg

Landclearer

Just a couple more of the grinding. Loading the first load of mulch out.

nexton 011.jpg

A little track loader action.

nexton 013.jpg

Grinding a big spruce pine stump.

nexton 016.jpg

nexton 017.jpg

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Looks a bit soggy. What size material can your grinder handle?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I admire ya'lls operation, top notch!:thumbsup