• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

Sawdust I will post some truck pics for you. I try to post every Sunday but since I have a "special request" I will post one night this week. We have 2 triaxle Kw's a Pete tractor and a 6 yard Pete.

Chris

Sawdus22

Sawdust I will post some truck pics for you. I try to post every Sunday but since I have a "special request" I will post one night this week. We have 2 triaxle Kw's a Pete tractor and a 6 yard Pete.

Chris

That sounds great. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to do that. I'm not too active on here but since you live in SC it makes it that much better. And don't forget the pickups!:D

Landclearer

Hey Sawdus, here are your truck pics. I need to grab a few of my work truck and service truck. The 2 triaxles are going to get painted the same as the two Petes, just need to find time. All of the trucks were bought new and we decided to change our colors to the blue/gray color.

LIL Pete
337 Pete 001.jpg

recent work 169.jpg

Not all dump trailers are created equal. The red trailer is a truck we hired on to help out.
Inn Demo 037.jpg

1 024.jpg

DSCN3340.jpg

Sawdus22

Beautiful trucks there Chris. I appreciate you being so quick with posting them. How do you pay your drivers? By the mile or the day?

stepp3360

Chris,
It's always great to see what kind of work you boys are into. Sawdus22 the Otter's are a family business just a bunch of brothers that take ready good care of their equipment.
John

Landclearer

Hey Sawdus,

John pretty much nailed it, we don't have " truck drivers". We do it all, from driving truck to operating to standing in a ditch with s shovel.

Allday, the gvw is 33k. We have it licensed for 55k so we can pull the tag along.

John, Glad to see you back on here!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hey Sawdus,

John pretty much nailed it, we don't have " truck drivers". We do it all, from driving truck to operating to standing in a ditch with s shovel.

Same here.:thumbsup

There are no operators, laborers, truck drivers or mechanics - if you're on the crew then one might have to perform any of those duties during a given day. I was blowing filters out at 7 this morning, washing radiators and then moved topsoil. Tomorrow, ditch man laying some 18" RCP arch pipe. Love it.;)

Landclearer

Allday, the empty weight is about 17k.

CM, glad to see someone else operates like us. It is hard to find guys that are willing to do it all so that is why we don't have a lot of guys. I was on 963, 300 Volvo and the chainsaw today, one man clearing crew.

Fastdirt

Now that's some pride in your ride. Makes going to work a pleasure. Looking forward to learning more about your operation. I like your business plan and the gear is great. I have two brothers that I would love to have join in, but it's not going to happen. I need to adopt a son Lol. I would be just fine at your level. I have worked for some monster companies here in Georgia and didn't like it a bit. I was thinking when that pretty Cat hoe was sitting on that demo job in that concrete with all that rebar around that there must be an operator in there who cares. That could get ugly quick.

I love your trucks and how they match and look just right. Big fan of Peterbilts and those KW's look great. I was thrown by the 315 on the single axle though. Also like the pipe laying pics. I'd like to turn in that invoice :D

Landclearer

Hi Fastdirt, I am sorry that you can't get your brothers involved. I know a lot of people say they can't work with family but we have been doing it a long time and it is nice to know you have someone you can always count on.

The 320 sitting on the concrete pile is almost 4 years old now and still looks good. It takes some effort but it can be done as you know. I don't think there is a mark on your 312 either.

The pipe job was pretty good! We also laid 72 inch galvanized pipe in the same industrial park. I wish I had pics of that but that was before I got a digital camera.

Thanks for the compliments,

Chris

Sawdus22

I can't say I dont blame you for doing it all. No one is going to treat your equipment and trucks like you would personally. There's just no way around it. Plus the quality of work is much higher since you or one of your brothers is always there.

Landclearer

Sawdus, you are 100 percent right. It is very hard to find someone to take care of trucks and equioment. We try to have top notch equipment and do top notch work. A friend of mine always said anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Landclearer

Some thing a little different today. Here is a pool I dug a year or two ago. It was 7000 sq ft. We rented the little Hydrema to haul the dirt on site. It had to be stockpiled on the other side of a bad area that no triaxle was going through.

recent work 110.jpg

recent work 111.jpg

recent work 113.jpg

recent work 123.jpg

recent work 125.jpg

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Nice clean job on the pool dig. :thumbsup