• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demag CC8800 in Las Vegas

dirty4fun

Just wondering if any one has seen the monster Demag CC8800 that is being used to assemble the sphere, in Las Vegas at the Madison Square Garden sphere at the Venetian?

My brother sent me .a clipping out of the news paper from Las Vegas. It's is the 4th largest crawler crane in the world. It was shipped from Belgium to California and hauled over to Las Vegas took 120 semis to haul it. It weighs 869 ton and has 850 ton of counter weights. Lift capacity is 1760 ton 580 ft tall. Assembly is estimated at 18 days. How would you like to pay to have that monster moved and assembled

wildpig1234

Just wondering if any one has seen the monster Demag CC8800 that is being used to assemble the sphere, in Las Vegas at the Madison Square Garden sphere at the Venetian?

I put a preorder in for the model of this monster with boom booster! lol... I think LR13000 still the biggest crawler?
Hard to believe but these monster crawlers are pale in comparison to ringer cranes like the SK10000 monster or even sgc-120.