• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

DEERE624H won't run need to push on a trailer brake is stuck

mattyt1984

How do I get this to go into netral. I put key on and turned off parking brake but it's still stuck. Is it a brake on the drives haft I need to pressurize with a hydraulic portapower? Can someone send a diagram? Anyway to steer while pushing.?

Thank you for any help

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Tow procedure is in your operator's manual. The machine will steer with the engine off but will be very difficult.

Attachments

• 624H Towing Procedure.pdf
    183.7 KB · Views: 5

mattyt1984

Thanks for the reply can you send a pic of the location I need to use a porta power pump on. How does it steer with no engine running? Should I put the lock bar so it wont articulate when pushing on a lowboy?

Tenwheeler

Steering motor under the steering wheel can move fluid to the cylinders on many machines even when they are not running.
I like to line them up and use the lock bar. If you are not good at set up that would be bad for you.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
can you send a pic of the location

624H Tow.png

How does it steer with no engine running?

The steering valve has a little pump inside it to pump oil to the steering cylinders when turning the steering wheel. It is designed that way for just the situation your in or if you have a movable machine with no hydraulics.

624H Steering Valve.png